Author Topic: Just got my R9s  (Read 5279 times)

Offline HKILP7M8

Just got my R9s
« on: October 18, 2004, 02:42:07 AM »
I'm so happy I waited about a month and a half, it was worth the wait. I have not gone to the range yet, but hope to that in the coming week.
The gun feels very reliable and solid. I've cycled 20 or 30 rounds through the gun to see how it feels and it feels really good. It extracts the bullets very reliably and forcefully, the magazines seem to be of very good quality. I'm very impressed.
How do I know if my gun has the new pin and is of recent manufacture? My serial number is R108.
HKILP7M8

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
Re: Just got my R9s
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2004, 08:03:47 AM »
Welcome to the group...........

I believe you will have to call the factory to inquire of this.  

The Serial Number is not indicative of anything but a Serial number.  

Others will pipe in on this very soon,  I may have not explained it in the best way.
RJ=

Offline Jim

• Expert
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2004, 05:12:51 PM »
Welcome aboard,
Glad to hear you got your R9, I bet you are fondling it as I write this!!!  I will have mine by the end of the week and just can't wait!!  Got my Gold Dots laying in wait!!  You will enjoy this forum a great deal, very nice folks here...  Jim, (in the thumb of Mi.)
Glock 23, previous R9S owner sold due to health problems.  Just enjoy the folks on this forum!!

Offline Oscar

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2004, 11:56:40 PM »
I just picked up my R9s on Friday night.  The long wait was definitely worth it.  I have one question though.  The red tag afixed to the trigger guard refers to a manual.  The only other paperwork included is a single sheet describing the operation of the DAC Technologies cable lock.  Am I missing an operator's manual?

Offline FJC

• Expert
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2004, 08:18:10 AM »
It sounds like you are - there is a manual that should have been included.  Unfortunately they don't fit into the pistol case, they are shipped outside of the case within the cardboard box so I can see how it could get lost by a dealer.

Fortunately you can download a PDF version off of the Rohrbaugh site at:

http://www.rohrbaughfirearms.com/downloads/downloads_set.html

--Frank C. (FJC)

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2004, 08:35:54 AM »
You should ask Eric to send you one though, it is very nicely done.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline Oscar

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2004, 09:29:01 PM »
FJC:
  I took your advice and downloaded the manual at the Rohrbaugh web site.  Thank you!

Duane:
  I have wanted to call Rohrbaugh Firearms a couple of times over the last few months.  I've hesitated to do so because of  my belief that they were much too busy to take time away from production and the hectic pace that they are keeping.  However, today I did call regarding my missing owner's manual and I am happy to report that I spoke with Eric.  He was totally cordial and spent much more time than I would have expected just talking about the firearm, lubrication, this forum and our country's current condition.  This call was less like a customer service call and more like talking to a friend.
  By the way, my owner's manual is on the way.
Thanks to all!

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2004, 09:37:33 PM »
HKILP7M8 - welcome and - congrats on your new aquisition.  Oscar .. did I welcome you yet - maybe not .... so, welcome! :)

I was lucky enough to meet Eric the once last March, when at an East PA shoot he brought my gun along for me to see ... it was quite some while later I actually received it for good.  He has a manner both ftf and on the phone which is courtious and yet at the same time, relaxed friendly. I honestly think, and feel .... the Bros Rohrbaugh regard their customer base as friends and family ... and treat them as such.

This is perhaps one reason I have felt motivated to do stuff like reports and info etc ... not just to help other owners and prospective owners, but - because I feel like being a supporting member, of this family - even if only in a small way.

Next saturday, 30th .. I am off once more to the East PA shoot .... it's a long haul but - apart from seeing a few old friends, will be hoping to re-aquaint with Eric, as well as hopefully meet Karl for first time. I'll endevor to get some pics and will post anything of interest here later.
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline HKILP7M8

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2004, 06:25:45 AM »
Thank you all, I have not been able to respond as I have been away on Business, I'll be back tomorrow and will report on my first session at the range.
HKILP7M8

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2004, 08:00:48 AM »
HKILP7M8 and Oscar:

Welcome to the Forum, and congragulations on your selection of a Rohrbaugh.  Keep us informed of your experiences with the pistol.  

RS
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline HKILP7M8

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2004, 12:36:49 AM »
Thank you all again, It's good to be part of this forum, you guys have been very imformative and helpful in many ways.

I was able to put about 110 rounds through the pistol. I experienced 3 jams. I'm pretty sure all 3 were attritutable to limp-wristing as I was getting tired toward the end of the session. When I realized that I was limp-wristing, and made an effort to hold the gun firmly in my hand, I experienced no further jams of any kind. I was only able to find Winchester FMJ, I put all fifty rounds through the pistol, the 3 jams must have started around the 40 round mark. In between that I put 20 rounds of 124 Gr. Golden Sabers, they all worked perfectly, I also put 20 rounds of Federals 147 Gr. Personal Defense Hydra Shocks, again they all went through with no problem. I then put 20 rounds of Winchester XST 147 grainers, again no jams of any kind with the hollow points. I hope to shoot it again this weekend after I get the Super lube.  I did not have Super lube at the time of cleaning and used FP-10 which makes the gun feel really loose. I'll be picking up a can of Super lube tomorrow, I'll lube it and it should be as good as new.

HKILP7M8

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2004, 12:42:52 AM »
HK - sounds good .... indeed, limp-wristing is something we need to be aware of, as the gun just has to firmed up to stop recoil energy being lost to the slide action.  My very first mag full last march when Eric brought my gun to a shoot ... included a malfunction . entirely attributable to limp wristing.

I have now developed a hold which keeps the pup rock solid and my hand and arm absorb very little of the energy - with I might add, a tad more punishment to right hand!  An inevitable consequence IMO.

For those who have not seen yet ... Frank (FJC) has posted some real nice pics of his new R9 ... worth a look. :)
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.