Author Topic: On time delivery  (Read 4050 times)

Offline Stook

On time delivery
« on: November 02, 2004, 06:00:14 PM »
Received both R9S's last Saturday and felt duty bound to report in.  Production must be right as projected since I placed the order the first week of July and Eric told me it would be a 4 month wait.  Almost to the day.  Looks like the production scheduling is just as precise as the firearm itself.  BTW, as for the S/N discussions, I have two consecutively numbered pieces. (One of which has already taken up residence in the gun safe)   Looks like they have gone to the black frames and black CF grips.  (I thought the blue made it a more unique piece, though).  Local dealer was also quite impressed with the concept and the workmanship.  

Took it to the range this afternoon and was quite pleased.  I don't have any technical reports, but I will only say that 1) it went bang everytime I wanted it to (75 rounds) and 2) it put holes in the paper where I intended it to (at least close to where I intended).  Experienced no FTF or FTE during the session, thanks to the other forum members.  I listened to advice and stocked up on GD115's, so THANKS to the testers who have gone before.

In an interesting post script, the range where I shoot and am a member was "too busy" when I attempted twice to order my Rohrbaughs last July was quite interested in the gun when I was there today.  After checking it out, they got on the internet, called Maria, and ordered 4 guns.  Maybe I'll become a trend setter here! (ha-ha)

Keep the information flowing.  I know that what gets discussed on this forum is an invaluable aid to everyone in our small but growing group.

Offline justin2992

• Expert
Re: On time delivery
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2004, 06:17:42 PM »
Stook:

I'd love to see pics of the new black frame with black grips.  Please post some pics or email me some pics.

The 1938 Nazi Weapons Law is alive and well in the United States, and is called, "The Gun Control act of 1968", and is enforced by the modern day gestapo, known as the BATF.

Offline Jim

• Expert
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2004, 11:48:02 PM »
Hi Stook, I also would like to see the "new" model.  Thanks for the report..  Jim
Glock 23, previous R9S owner sold due to health problems.  Just enjoy the folks on this forum!!

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2004, 12:07:03 AM »
Stook .. a welcome from me!!  :)

I saw the new black frame and grips at saturday's shoot - more fool me for not taking a pic.  I was RO'ing and busy and didn't even think to do that.  A pic from you would be nice.

I like the blue CF grips but gotta say - the blacks look real nice too ... and the darker frame also looks very acceptable.  My #2 is the gray frame and #1 is now relegated to safe queen status - a rare silver frame.

If truth be known .. I'd still have it as a carry piece with red grips and purple frame! ;D ;D  (OK, Eric ... just kidding! LOL )
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline 9mil.mouse

• Expert
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2004, 01:36:27 AM »

If truth be known .. I'd still have it as a carry piece with red grips and purple frame! ;D ;D  (OK, Eric ... just kidding! LOL )

Oh NO, Chris! Please, not a Pimp R9!   ;D   ;D  It's such a noble little beast in its present forms, I can't even imagine it.

Offline Stook

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2004, 11:10:14 AM »

Well, here it is - black frame and black CF grips.  Straight from the range (still waiting on my SuperLube before I tear it down for cleaning.)

Don't let them tell you a Rohrbaugh doesn't broaden your horizons.  Let's see if I paid attention enough to post the pictures.

BTW, Chris, I'm sure 9mil.mouse would love it if you tweeked one of your pictures with your Photoshop to show us what the red and purple combination really looks like!!

Randy
« Last Edit: November 03, 2004, 12:01:12 PM by Stook »

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2004, 12:09:01 PM »
[size=13] Chris, I'm sure 9mil.mouse would love it if you tweeked one of your pictures with your Photoshop to show us what the red and purple combination really looks like!![/size]

Randy - I just might do that LOL!  At least - when time permits, cos work is crazy right now.  Mind you, I might succumbe to a quick ''trial run'' just to see.

Thx for your pics .... just like one I looked at last Saturday that Eric brought - I rather like it.
Chris - R9S
R9 FAQ Site

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2004, 12:29:44 PM »
Randy - dang it - work to do but - temptation got the better of me!  :P

So - a quick ''tweak'' to see how a lady's R9 might look .. perhaps!  Interesting! ;D

Chris - R9S
R9 FAQ Site

Offline 9mil.mouse

• Expert
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2004, 12:58:17 PM »
.. a quick ''tweak'' to see how a lady's R9 might look .. perhaps!  

Chris, far be it for me to wish to interfere with your real work, BUT wouldn't a lady's dedicated R9 have really deep pink grips?  

I've reconsidered about the Pimp R9, it would have to have a gold-anodized frame. And before someone says it, NO I don't want one like that, the stock ones are just great, thank you! ;D ;D  

Offline TW

• Grand Master
A real looker...
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2004, 02:01:54 PM »
>>Hi Stook...

Man...I REALLY like the new look of the R9...!  I would call it...lets see...  More serious than the original...?...maybe - more sexy...??  Whatever...I like, I like.  Congratulations on a real fine purchase with this new R9!!!  TW<<

Offline dr16

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2004, 04:36:23 PM »
Aw man - don't bling da Ro!

:'(

Offline Stook

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2004, 06:10:48 PM »
And, thus, the monster was created and loosed on the world.

Thanks for the light-hearted thought for the day, Chris.