Author Topic: Concealed Carry Magazine Article  (Read 5023 times)

Offline Stook

Concealed Carry Magazine Article
« on: November 03, 2004, 06:16:14 PM »
Duane -

Postman just delivered the September October copy of Concealed Carry Magazine to my door today and just finished your article regarding the R9.  Great job!  Hopefully it will encourage others to visit our forum, and eventually acquire an R9 of their own.

Keep up the good work.

Offline Jim

• Expert
Re: Concealed Carry Magazine Article
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2004, 11:21:27 PM »
Stook, can you post the article, or is that against copy right laws?  thanks, Jim
Glock 23, previous R9S owner sold due to health problems.  Just enjoy the folks on this forum!!

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2004, 12:41:12 AM »
Thanks!  I haven't even seen it in print yet -- my copy hasn't arrived!

Stook can't post it, but I can.  As soon as I have permission from CCM, I will post it here where it can be linked to off our FAQ site.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline Jim

• Expert
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2004, 11:44:13 AM »
DDGator, hey thanks, I will look forward to your article..  I'm not aware of this magazine, could you please give me some information about this publication for carry?  Thanks, Jim
Glock 23, previous R9S owner sold due to health problems.  Just enjoy the folks on this forum!!

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2004, 12:00:27 PM »
Yes -- you can see it at: www.concealedcarrymag.com

It is a start-up, grassroots publication devoted strictly to concealed carry issues.  The subscription price is a bit on the high side, but has come down and will continue to come down.  It recently went from 6 issues per year to 8.  That being said -- its a very worthwhile effort and they are trying hard to expand their subscription base.
Duane (DDGator)

Offline Stook

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2004, 02:41:30 PM »
Jim -

I've only seen the complementary issue and the current one, which is the first of my subscription.  It seems to have several interviews with various people, reviews of firearms and situational procedures.  I could comment that one of the articles (we won't mention exactly WHICH ONE) might be a little biased (ha-ha), but seriously, there is also an article on the Kel-tec P3AT which I found pretty accurate since I also have one of those.  It looks like the editorial and contributing staff pretty much tell it like it is, and if there is something they don't like they seem to tell you.  Duane did an excellent job of explaining the pros and cons of the R9, especially in explaining that the R9 has a specific purpose and is not for everyone, especially first time shooters.

I believe that if you go to their website you can obtain a free copy of the magazine to make your own judgements.  I would encourage you to do that.

Randy

Offline Jim

• Expert
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2004, 11:08:43 PM »
Thanks Fellows, I appreciate the information...  Jim ;)

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2004, 08:33:19 PM »
Nice job Duane :) ... my copy came thru yesterday and I have just about found time to read some of it.  I think a fair appraisal and nicely written up.

George Hill (who is on THR) did a good job too re the P3AT ... yet to real all the mag cover to cover (as I always do) but - for those who ain't yet subscribed to the mag ... go get it!  Tim Schmidt the Editor, who IIRC started it off ... deserves to do well with this ... I'd like to see it grow in circulation and be a great success.

''Front Sight Story'' Part 1 was included on a CD ... no chance to see what that is about as yet.

Oh and Duane ... if later we can have a copy of the article ... I'll be happy to give it space on the FAQ.  Be useful actually to have the text and pics separate so as to be able to build the html pages easier.

I have some new pics thru from Eric BTW re ''don't do's'' .... and will be placing those soon when time ..... been mega busy of late so little time for own stuff.
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2004, 10:59:15 PM »
Thanks, guys.  Still haven't seen my copy arrive in the mail yet...

Hey, Stook -- unlike other reviewers, I never made claim to be totally independant and impartial.  :P  In fact, I clearly disclosed my affiliation with the forum.  And, I actually paid for my own gun used in the review!

Duane (DDGator)

BobJ

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2004, 12:02:34 AM »
I'm missing something.  When I go to the Mag site, I get the cover, but can't find a way to get in - - to the R9 article.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2004, 10:53:39 AM »
Umm. You aren't missing anything -- its not an on-line magazine -- its a print magazine.  They don't put all the articles on-line, they want you to buy a subscription.  I now some mags have articles on line -- but those are ones that make most of their money in advertising, not subscription sales.

On the other hand, CCM has been gracious enought to allow me permission to post copies of my articles on my website.  I am the only one who has permission.  I am waiting for confirmation of that permission for this particular article, then I will post it here.
Duane (DDGator)