Author Topic: Convince me  (Read 9840 times)

Offline PCA

• Expert
Re: Convince me
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2005, 07:33:47 AM »
Chris,

Rosie thinks the world of you. Why do you think she pulled off the million mom march in PA?

And now, the good news.....(Okay there is no good news).

Offline rtw

• Expert
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2005, 09:14:16 AM »
Chris,

I didn't know that you were friends with Rosie. Why don't you post some photos.
Welcome home

Offline PCA

• Expert
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2005, 09:35:23 AM »
Yeah! Chris is an extraordinary photographer. Why not a snap shot of "Ruger Rosie"?

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2005, 12:13:11 PM »
Haha - friends!?  Yeah right!  Even my ''photoshop'' skills couldn't make a pic of her presentable. ;D

(Banning guns is like banning s-p-o-o-n-s cos they make Rosie O'D fat''!) :D

Had to expand that word cos the 'naughty words deal' made it into ''thingies''!!!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2005, 12:14:50 PM by R9SCarry »
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline PCA

• Expert
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2005, 12:30:30 PM »
Chris,

Rosie is just misunderstood and she needs a guy with a big gun.

Offline Rocnerd

• Master
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2005, 08:28:25 PM »
I think she would prefer a woman with a rubber gun. :o

Offline shooter_9mm

« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2005, 11:43:14 PM »
I own a SP101 in 357 with hogue grips, it is a great firearm, reliable, powerful and a good substitute for a club if you run out of ammo. It is also, heavy, hurts like hell with full loads and spends most of its life in my safe. I am interested in an RS9 but I've heard several negative things, first in Gun Tests, then on the net, some state that the chambers & barrels are over bored, etc etc. So I put off buying one. After that nut in the Kingston mall, well, one well placed shot would have ended it all. So all you people giving it accolades "convince me" also. And thanks to all.  

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2005, 11:50:33 PM »
Welcome shooter :)  Read far and wide on this lil' pup ... sure Gun Tests slammed it rather but you want to delve deeper on that - search this forum.

Beyond that - American handgunner did a review which i think we all agreed was a lot better balanced.

Go also and read (in my sig) some odds and ends of info on my FAQ site - other links there too ... to some ammo tests.  Get the broad picture and I think you'll find the R9 is quite some puch packer for its size as well as being of extreme quality.

Note BTW if you check on FAQ site ... the 1/4" freebore is a necessary design aspect ... even tho it might make a few bullets slightly prone to tumble on occasion.

We still reckon, ''specials'' and frangibles aside ... the pup loves the taste of Gold Dots!!
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline shooter_9mm

« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2005, 12:09:37 AM »
As I stated the SP101 spends more time in my safe. As long as there is ONE brand of totally reliable ammo, well, this is a pocket piece, not meant to be a target gun. As long as I can hit the bad guy at 25 feet, I am convinced. Thank you.