Author Topic: Flat Primer Strikes?  (Read 5337 times)

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
Re: Flat Primer Strikes?
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2007, 11:09:06 AM »
Excellent!!

Any difference on the "primer issue"?
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline BogoRatta

« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2007, 09:36:07 AM »
Brenden,
Primer strikes were consistent without the shaving/flat look I was seeing previously (as pictured in my earlier posts in this thread)

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2007, 11:24:41 AM »
Brenden,
Primer strikes were consistent without the shaving/flat look I was seeing previously (as pictured in my earlier posts in this thread)

Did the R Bros tell you what all they did with your pup?
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline st_albert

« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2007, 01:04:16 PM »
FWIW, I recently replaced the outer recoil spring, and installed new heavy duty mag springs as well.  It had no effect on the appearance of the handloads with CCI primers (which were still flattened and sheared).  Also had a few failures to fire, possibly from blocking the firing pin hole in the breech face with sheared-off primer material.  

Primers of Winchester White Box value pack ammo look like WS6's pictures above, except maybe the firing pin indentations are a bit more elongated.  In other words, there is no smushing flat.  And yet CCI primers are reputed to be harder than Winchester.  Go figure.

Offline BogoRatta

« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2007, 09:27:31 PM »
Brenden,
Mr. Karl R spoke to me personally before returning my pup; he replaced the barrel and slide and personally tested the pistol before returning it to me.  Still shoots without a hiccup!
My only complaint now is that it's not twice the size and weight because I can't shoot more than 3 or 4 clips without my wrist getting tired!
BogoRatta
 ::)

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2007, 12:25:44 AM »
Brenden,
Mr. Karl R spoke to me personally before returning my pup; he replaced the barrel and slide and personally tested the pistol before returning it to me.  Still shoots without a hiccup!
My only complaint now is that it's not twice the size and weight because I can't shoot more than 3 or 4 clips without my wrist getting tired!
BogoRatta

Karl is a great guy,I have had the pleasure in speaking with him myself..

Shoot a little,carry a lot!! ;)

Have fun with the pup!!
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline Hk-Itch

• Expert
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2007, 12:20:45 PM »
Brenden,
BogoRatta

One word:  Arfortyfive  8)