Author Topic: Possible new ammo for the R9 - Winchester SXZ  (Read 7847 times)

Offline Novanglus

• Molon labe!
Re: Possible new ammo for the R9 - Winchester SXZ
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2008, 12:29:08 AM »
Novanglus and all.  Whoah there dude.  You misunderstand.  I will post my opinions and if anyone doesn't like them then they can k*** m* a**.    My opinions are my opinions and I will converse with whomever wishes to converse in order to modify my opinions but  do not confuse my apologies with whatever it is you THINK my apologies mean.  Mike

Thanks, RiffRaff!  Since you insist - I acknowledge that I stand corrected: you aren't a big man but just another angry man with a chip on his shoulder. You aren't "blunt' because you haven't  mastered "the Art of the written word"  - you're just rude, and you clearly enjoy it.   How sad.
The price of liberty is eternal vigilance.  Patrick Henry

Offline BytorJr

• Expert
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2008, 01:31:26 AM »
Well, I feel a little guilty now making this a heated battle.  I guess I thought it was a little harsh of Riffraff to comment like that, so I tried to give a little supporting information to my argument why I believed he was wrong.  

Had I thought this would have started a "contest" I wouldn't have brought it up.  So, to all I'm sorry for all this.

To Riffraff, hey, I'm not a master of communication either :(.  I've written some pretty terse and sharp emails in my day; most (not all) of which I now regret and would like to take back some of the "temperment" exhibited in them.  After 40+ years, I MAY be getting the hang of it...but I'm afraid I shall never master it.

Novanglus, well, I'm pretty set on getting a P7 now.  Now, if my stupid Visa card company could get their act together and get me a card I'd be in "bidness" again.  I ordered a new one 2 weeks ago, not here...mine expires in 35 minutes.  So...I had to order ANOTHER one....dang!!!!!!!!!!!    Maybe I'll come to my senses by the time it gets here...and actually order one :).
« Last Edit: March 01, 2008, 01:34:54 AM by BytorJr »

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2008, 12:33:41 PM »
Mike, I just don't understand why you feel the need to confront folks on the forum. And also state that your opinion is the only correct one. We all have thoughts about various subjects that we might think are correct but don't go around hitting people in the face to show everyone that we are right. No one wants to fight you over various threads, in fact some have left the forum because of you. We just ask that you settle down a bit and maybe keep an open mind on other opinions posted and give yours in nice and easy matter. Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline Ubik380

« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2008, 03:23:35 PM »
A good discussion consists of people expressing their opinions AND their supporting evidence AND are seeking to improve their knowledge so that their beliefs more closely match reality. Everyone benefits.

So... If someone (in a polite discussion) makes assertions you disagree with, you CAN reply with counter-assertions but you OUGHT TO reply with factual evidence.

Telling a close friend "f*** y**" while showing a friendly smile could be considered friendly banter in person, but the same expression in an email is the on-line equivalent of telling the guy in the bar "Let's step outside" while rolling up your sleeves.

I learned my lesson when complaining about the limitations of AOL's service, when I told (in email) their service rep "evolve or die!". He responded that what I said could be interpreted as a threat. And he was right. I've tried to be more careful since then.

By the way, the first time I read the line, I thought the first word was "kick" too.  ;D

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2008, 04:12:39 PM »
All good thoughts on communication. I have learned the hard
way, also, to delay the send button when I am upset about
something. Also, not that it applies here, but never, never
hit the send button after a couple of suds--again, the hard
way lesson. The  written word is like a fired round: very
difficult to retract once it is sent.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2008, 04:18:19 PM by tracker »

Offline riffraff

• Master
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2008, 06:34:57 PM »

Jack_Bauer,

Yes I probably need an a** kicking.

tracker,

You posted what should be the golden rule of computing, never use the send button while drinking beer.

just an opinionated, argry white guy here,  Mike
NRA Benefactor Member
FCSA Life Member

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2008, 07:04:01 PM »
Thanks, Mike; maybe they call that EWI. Since none of us
is perfect, I think maybe we have kicked you around enough
and all learned something in the process. I know I have.

Offline riffraff

• Master
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2008, 07:39:44 PM »

Naw, I usually deserve  what I get.  I don't really ever intend to dish it out so to speak but I have learned to take my lumps if others think I am wrong.

Mike
NRA Benefactor Member
FCSA Life Member