Author Topic: Is it normal to get a small chip out on the frame?  (Read 6727 times)

Offline tquieng

Re: Is it normal to get a small chip out on the fr
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2009, 09:40:14 PM »
I really thinks is a dent -chip caused by ammo as they are getting ejected out and it turns to the right after hitting the ejector on the left and hit the chipped are just before leaving the gun  and sometimes it hits that area.  I hope it will not get worst.  Please post your pictures also I like to see your dents as well.

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2009, 09:39:32 PM »
I would send it back to the factory and have them look at it. The R9 is not a cheap gun and compromising is not a good thing.

Further, in my experience, Maria and factory are fantastic at making things write.
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline mick

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2009, 10:22:06 AM »
I am a little confused, I also called Maria and was assured by her that it was normal wear and rear on the firearm, and then others on this forum say differently. I would appretiate some other opinions on this matter because I am a little confused on what stance to take. Tquing, I barely know how to turn a computer on much less send pictures but I would be happy to send you a text via cell ph. if you would like to see my "chip". By the way it is in the exact same place as yours.Thanks for all of the input from fellow owners. Sincerely , Mick.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2009, 11:53:14 AM »
It is possible that the mark was caused during the machineing
process, was the chip noticed before fireing or was it noticed during cleaning after the first range trip. Has anyone with this chip found any metal pcs.?
John
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 11:53:48 AM by yankee2500 »
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline tquieng

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2009, 12:18:44 PM »
The dent was not there before--only after the 2 range trip that I noticed it after trying to clean it.  It is a dent about 1 mm and is not just the paint coming off.  Please post your photo -- Look at the above instruction how to post picture.

Offline mick

« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2009, 01:34:23 PM »
Mine happened after the 1st trip, I want to trust what Maria said and nor worry about it. I will work on posting a picture of mine , I already have some pictures of it on my cell phone so just give me some time to figure it out. Mick.

Offline Corvette

• Expert
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2009, 02:04:31 PM »
Mine happened after the 1st trip, I want to trust what Maria said and nor worry about it. I will work on posting a picture of mine , I already have some pictures of it on my cell phone so just give me some time to figure it out. Mick.

Mick,

Curt here.

If you can e-mail me the pics from your phone, I'll be happy to post them for you.

curt.dane@sbcglobal.net

Offline mick

« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2009, 02:10:13 PM »
Thanks Curt I just shot you an email,hope you get it.

Offline Corvette

• Expert
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2009, 02:25:53 PM »
Thanks Curt I just shot you an email,hope you get it.

Not yet, you might want to try again.

Offline mick

« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2009, 03:26:09 PM »
I can"t seem to get this right, I am goin to have my wife do it when I get home from work wed. morning , I"m a firefighter so I work 48 hour shifts. Anyway thanks for the offered help Curt, I"m just a moron when it comes to this stuff. I "my wife" will upload pictures wednesday. Mick.

Offline tquieng

« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2009, 08:29:30 PM »

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2009, 08:53:02 PM »

It is subjective but that gouge doesn't look like normal wear and tear to me. Would this be normal on a Glock, H&K, Beretta, or Sig?

The problem is that there isn't much recourse if the factory folks say it is normal.

Offline mick

« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2009, 09:16:18 PM »
Tracker hit it on the head, I believe  "or at least hope" it it will not effect the performance . It is just dissheartening to spend $1200 of hard earned money and have this happen within less than 100 rounds through it.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2009, 09:51:40 PM »

I agree with you, Mick; that is too much money for this to be normal, especially since it is internal.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2009, 10:32:13 AM »
Mick.  I would call Rohrbaugh and ask to speak to Carl Rohrbaugh.  I agree, also, that the R9 cost too much for this to be normal, as I stated above, NOT NORMAL.  I would push this to the last step, and then some, being courteous, as I'm sure you would.  Don't give up.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln