Author Topic: New From Ga.  (Read 6240 times)

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: New From Ga.
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2010, 11:17:21 AM »
Richard, when stocking up on single malt, try a bottle of Bushmills 21 year old single malt. It's so good that it comes in a dove tailed wood box. Herself might even want to try some, which she can trade for... ;) ;D    Tom  

Tom:

Great advice! Bushmills 21 is a gift from the Lord to a troubled world. (If Enigma doesn't get here with the requested provisions before the sun crosses the yardarm, I'll have to crank up the four-wheel drive and skid into town.   ;D) )
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2010, 02:35:36 PM »
Richard is indeed right a gift from the Lord by way of the angels.  Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2010, 04:05:04 PM »
Bushmills 21 IS very good!
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2010, 06:46:37 PM »
In from the cold and properly provisioned.

May your glass be ever full.
May the roof over your head be always strong.
And may you be in heaven
   half an hour before the devil knows you're dead.

(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2010, 07:17:10 PM »
Wow!  Sounds like something is working!   ;D    ;D
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline P7Enigma

• Master
  • VENI VIDI VICI
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2010, 09:52:08 PM »

Enigma:

Bring booze -- preferably a single malt of some kind. I forgot to stock up before the big snow hit last night and my supply is perilously low. I may soon have to turn to that organic Chardonnay stuff I keep in the wine rack for "Herself."   8)

NO prob!...and yes "Bushy 21" is good stuff but MaCallan is even better!...unfortunately costs an arm and a leg so I only buy that stuff on cruise ships and duty free when travelling.

The only blend I like is the Johnnie Gold label...I think it even has more "character than Blue. Unfortunately, all I get is Blue for Xmas and Bdays...but eh...whos complain'in...

Now if you ever want to talk coffee!....Start a thread! That beast you see over there in the corner is a San Marco that I had to have after returning from Italy...I just couldn't drink "americano' anymore!

OK....Enough hijacking!...Back to the Georgia guys thread!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 09:53:48 PM by P7Enigma »
DISCLAIMER The above post is not to be taken lightly nor seriously. Any readers "interpretation" of the post was purely intentional

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2010, 10:01:07 PM »
P7.  Looks like you're stocked up for awhile, though.  Good that folks know what you want for Christmas and birthdays. ;D     ;D

Offline P7Enigma

• Master
  • VENI VIDI VICI
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2010, 10:04:43 PM »
Knowing my luck...They are probably all empty... 8)

Wife took that pic a while back and sent it to one of my army buds saying I had a drinking problem...atleast my bud said "doesn't appear so yet"...
DISCLAIMER The above post is not to be taken lightly nor seriously. Any readers "interpretation" of the post was purely intentional

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2010, 10:12:13 PM »
Well, I hope, for your sake, they're not empty.  That would be terrible, for sure.  Then again, if you do have a drinking problem, it could be a good thing.  I'm sure you don't, though.   :)    :)

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2010, 12:11:24 PM »
how about the Johnnie Walker Black.   Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2010, 12:20:29 PM »
Great looking kitchen, Enigma! I showed the photographs to Joyce and now she wants to renovate the kitchen at Critter Creek -- something about granite countertops.

(Thanks a lot. It would appear that my weekend retreat is about to become a weekend worksite.   :-/ )
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline BytorJr

• Expert
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2010, 12:23:57 PM »
The Macallan is great.  I've only bought the 15 year; but I was treated to a shot of 25 year....HOLY COW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My personal fav's would be: Lagavulin 16, Macallan (15 and up), Glenmorangie, and Bushmills 16.  

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2010, 12:35:36 PM »

I thought Johnnie Black was pretty smooth, too, Tom, but after these posts it looks like I am going to have upscale my cabinet a bit.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2010, 02:25:39 PM »
I'm going to have to get a bigger cabinet!   :)    ;)

Offline P7Enigma

• Master
  • VENI VIDI VICI
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2010, 12:25:47 PM »
Why..? You can get up to 20 bottles of MaCallan into a standard military foot locker! ;D

Everything else is moot...
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 12:28:05 PM by P7Enigma »