Author Topic: Early, Modified and Special R9's  (Read 12328 times)

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: Early, Modified and Special R9's
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2012, 06:02:12 PM »
Brenden.  I meant to change the title to early, modified, and special R9's, but just got too busy to do; I'll take care of it though; thanks.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 06:55:30 PM by kjtrains »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2012, 06:52:13 PM »
And a few more.

A Photo Shopped R9    :)  Dream!

Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline bama

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2012, 03:04:49 AM »
This is only the fourth Robar R9s ever made, when it was a special order, rather than a production model.

Dr John Meade
Director of Tactical Medicine
Suarez International

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2012, 10:08:42 AM »
My Custom Pup.
Robar NP3 plating on frame, slide and all internal parts.

Figure eight sight dots milled into slid & tritium insert in rear.

"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2012, 11:03:34 AM »
Toward the last of the 90 Robars produced.  Camera out of focus.  I'll replace photos, later.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 11:11:54 AM by kjtrains »

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2012, 11:22:05 AM »

Offline Jax

Re: Early R9's
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2013, 02:21:02 AM »
Ken,

Thanks for the info. Was not looking to buy these just interested in who was able to get the 4th and 5th off the line and would be interested to hear the history if they were a member. 

-Ryan

The back story for my early S/N R9's isn't glamorous or behind the scene's shenanigans.  I saw the R9 at an early SHOT and placed one of the first "cash up front, deliver whenever" orders - with the understanding it could take months or even years before the final product was released.  I was in no rush.  When they announced general delivery, mine were 4th & 5th on the list - ~fourteen months after paying a substantial deposit, I coughed up a bit more money and the guns were sent to my FFL (who was so entranced by the design he bought one for personal stock, and was issued S/N 106).  I couldn't make up my mind which version I wanted  (R9 or R9S), so I ordered them both.  I had considered ordering one of the Magna Trigger models - but they never made it out of R&D.

I've since seen the brothers at a variety of shows (LV, HOU) and they are always a pleasant bunch to chat with.  Good folks, them Rohrbaughs...  I wouldn't be surprised if Maria has some Rohrbaugh blood in the dark recesses of her ancestry. :-)   She fits in with the team so well.

I like collecting useful early issues.  The R9S is carried daily and shot monthly.  You feed it the right food and it will perform for you.  (The other remains factory fresh in my safe).

Eric, Karl & Maria - If you read these posts, I won't be able to make it to the big HOU show next weekend.  If you are attending, I hope it is successful for you.

If/when the .45 is released, I would like to try to get a similar early S/N model of it.  We'll see...

Jake

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
Re: Early R9's
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2013, 09:34:11 PM »

The back story for my early S/N R9's isn't glamorous or behind the scene's shenanigans.  I saw the R9 at an early SHOT and placed one of the first "cash up front, deliver whenever" orders - with the understanding it could take months or even years before the final product was released.  I was in no rush.  When they announced general delivery, mine were 4th & 5th on the list - ~fourteen months after paying a substantial deposit, I coughed up a bit more money and the guns were sent to my FFL (who was so entranced by the design he bought one for personal stock, and was issued S/N 106).  I couldn't make up my mind which version I wanted  (R9 or R9S), so I ordered them both.  I had considered ordering one of the Magna Trigger models - but they never made it out of R&D.

I've since seen the brothers at a variety of shows (LV, HOU) and they are always a pleasant bunch to chat with.  Good folks, them Rohrbaughs...  I wouldn't be surprised if Maria has some Rohrbaugh blood in the dark recesses of her ancestry. :-)   She fits in with the team so well.

I like collecting useful early issues.  The R9S is carried daily and shot monthly.  You feed it the right food and it will perform for you.  (The other remains factory fresh in my safe).

Eric, Karl & Maria - If you read these posts, I won't be able to make it to the big HOU show next weekend.  If you are attending, I hope it is successful for you.

If/when the .45 is released, I would like to try to get a similar early S/N model of it.  We'll see...

Jake

Jake,

Thank you for sharing the story of 104 & 105. It is always nice to hear from an original owner of the early guns and I had no idea they were originally experimenting with a Magna Trigger mechanism. Anyway, thanks for sharing your story.

-Ryan
Currently looking for Elite Premium RP 1 of 16. Please PM 
NRA LIFE MEMBER.