Author Topic: Is anyone else getting sick of these hackers?  (Read 3697 times)

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
Is anyone else getting sick of these hackers?
« on: April 22, 2016, 06:26:39 PM »
It seems like more and more of this hacking bullshit is showing up more often now. I would think that this could be corrected with some new safeguard measures? I mean, what do all of these other forums do? If it is a matter of funds to hire an expert to correct this, why not just ask for contributions from the members? If many of us posted for sale items that are just sitting around and gave the proceeds to this cause, I would think money could be raised quickly. Probably Duane is working on this problem, but it seems to me that this could be an easy fix. It has been going on for a long time. But that's just me thinking.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 08:09:11 PM by cargaritaville »
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
Re: Is anyone else getting sick of these hackers?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 10:36:00 AM »

You saw a bunch this week because I was travelling and not on the site much. We get about one a day and I delete them.  They must be using real people to bypass the security features -- I am not sure a bot could do it, unless they have gotten very smart.

I'm open to suggestions -- but I suspect other forums use more sophisticated--i.e., mopre expensive--software that rejects hackers based upon domain names/origins, knowns spammers, etc.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com