Author Topic: Source of R9 recoil springs ? (other than directly from Rohrbaugh)  (Read 5609 times)

Offline guncats

When I bought the R9, the previous owner claim the spring in it was new (probably the spare one that came with the gun). I have reached the 170 rounds mark and probably need new springs soon. The Rohrbaugh site doesn't do on-line orders, is there another source for these springs?

I tried the wolff site (gunsprings.com) and didn't see Rohrbaugh listed there.

Thanks  :)

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
Re: Source of R9 recoil springs ? (other than directly from Rohrbaugh)
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 11:02:43 PM »

Welcome, guncats; just give them a call and they will take care of you.

Offline dmunofo

• Sharpshooter
  • 1 year Rohrbaugh owner
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2013, 01:00:59 AM »
Just an FYI...the Rohrbaugh manual states that a new spring has to be installed a certain way towards the end cap.  I spoke to Karl a few days ago and he stated that the 1st. generation springs had to be inserted a way, but with the current springs it doesn't matter.

Dom
Active LEO, Duty Weapon SIG P220, Off Duty H&K USP Compact .45, K380 2 tone with blue carbon fiber VZ grips, Benchmade Triage side blade,

Offline guncats

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 06:06:22 PM »
Thanks guys.

Offline guncats

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2013, 04:22:34 PM »
Sent in my order by snail mail and received the springs 9 days later. That is pretty fast.

Now I just need to find more 124gr ammo. My plan is to shoot 2000rd out of this little gun (bought 10 springs! :)) to gain proficiency, then if I do decide to carry I will probably buy a new black slide model for that ;D .

Offline rjinaz85308

• Hopefully a R9s owner soon
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2013, 11:04:39 PM »
2000 rnds?  Let me now how that works out<G>

bamboobob

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2013, 05:56:53 PM »

Now I just need to find more 124gr ammo. My plan is to shoot 2000rd out of this little gun (bought 10 springs! :)) to gain proficiency, then if I do decide to carry I will probably buy a new black slide model for that ;D .

WOW  2K rds!                  I thought 110 rds for the first workout was brutal but
                                    went just fine    -- fun --      tested different mag extensions
                                                               and standard floor plate)

Please let us know.

bamboobob

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2013, 06:06:37 PM »
I still want do more testing with different ammo.   Finally got more than 20 Gold dots(115) Also want to try 124 Gold dot or Silvertips/

bamboobob

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2013, 06:43:24 PM »
Sent in my order by snail mail and received the springs 9 days later. That is pretty fast.

http://www.policehq.com/Products/CCI-9GD#.UcE2h4FB5kg

Might have to wait

Offline guncats

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2013, 07:06:21 PM »
I will need to shoot at least 200 more rounds of 124gr Lawman or PMC FMJ before trying the GoldDot I have.

The strange thing about this R9 is that the 115gr hurts the most. It doesn't kick much, but the recoil is more of a sharp slap, my hand starts to shake after 3 magazines. The 147gr kicks a bit more but doesn't make my hand shake, so it is more controllable. The main problem with 147gr is that it seems to cause the slide to unlock early, there is a long drag mark in the primer, that can't be good for the firing pin tip.  124gr recoils softly and is fun to shoot.

The best accuracy so far came from 124gr Lawman. Out of 12rd of slow fire, 11 were within 2x2" @25ft. Group center was within 2" of point-of-aim.

Amazing little gun.