Author Topic: HELP PLEASE - New Owner - Pistol Won't Run  (Read 10380 times)

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: HELP PLEASE - New Owner - Pistol Won't Run
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2019, 10:42:18 AM »
I love that analogy as I too had old British sports car while in school around 1971. It was a 1953 Triumph TR2.

Great when it ran well, and, to much surprise, THAT particular car did run well all the while I owned it and never gave me an issue.

I don't know what that was all about as they were notoriously unreliable cars, but that is the truth with that car.   

I ran the tar out of that one! lol

So good to hear your R9 is running well again.

ecr
Good Lord, Eric, I didn’t know you too had owned a TR2!  Here is a photo of me in 1956 in my ‘54 model. The two “miscreants” also pictured were envious fraternity brothers.

I drove that “pocket rocket” for seven years, all through college and law school, even taking it across country and into and out of Mexico. One of the great mistakes of my life was selling it when I was being shipped out overseas by the Army in 1963.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline johnny

• Master
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2019, 05:32:34 PM »
 I must have had the low end sports car.When I got back from VN I was sent to Fort Hood. Texas.I drove down there from Wisconsin in my 1968 396 Chevelle 375hp/4 on the great floor new set of wheels!I made a big mistake and sold it to a dealer in the area.Less than 4,000 miles on it.I'm ashamed of myself for what I sold it for.But to top that off I made an even bigger mistake.Went down to Austin one night to look at a 1956 MGA Roadster.Looked white under the carport at this college boy frat.house.Bought it.Drove back to Hood that night,parked it.Next morning we're marching in cadence down to the motor pool,and thru the parking lot.Lo and behold,the darn thing is yellow.To top it off a week later the engine goes.Out of commission for I think months.Some little place in Killeen rebuilt it.Had nothing but problems with it but a lot of fun driving down to Mexico in it when we had time off.It was the first and last time I have ever gotten taken on a car.Maybe it was money well spent. 

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2019, 09:20:37 PM »
I love that analogy as I too had old British sports car while in school around 1971. It was a 1953 Triumph TR2.

Great when it ran well, and, to much surprise, THAT particular car did run well all the while I owned it and never gave me an issue.

I don't know what that was all about as they were notoriously unreliable cars, but that is the truth with that car.   

I ran the tar out of that one! lol

So good to hear your R9 is running well again.

ecr
Good Lord, Eric, I didn’t know you too had owned a TR2!  Here is a photo of me in 1956 in my ‘54 model. The two “miscreants” also pictured were envious fraternity brothers.

I drove that “pocket rocket” for seven years, all through college and law school, even taking it across country and into and out of Mexico. One of the great mistakes of my life was selling it when I was being shipped out overseas by the Army in 1963.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha haa Richard! I have that very photograph of you in my computer somewhere when you sent it to me many many years ago now.

Here is me in my Triumph TR-2 in 1971.  Yes, the windshield slides off by taking one bolt off of each side of the trim, as you well know.
Slide it forward and there ya go. . . . Instant road racer! Lol. Now That was fun!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 09:23:01 PM by ECR »
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.