Author Topic: Hollow point versus round nose rack and feed  (Read 4807 times)

Offline Boatswainmate

Hollow point versus round nose rack and feed
« on: March 11, 2019, 05:35:02 PM »
I am having major feed problems with Speer Gold Dot hollow points (intended carry ammo) when just racking the slide and next prompting negative thoughts thereafter. After racking and firing should it do so, I am very concerned that if one does load and fires the next up may jam. Customary is my round nose use with no failures to rack or feed. Is anyone familiar with this same problem and what might be a suggestion relevant to self defense ammo to take the place of HP ammo? Incidentally I just replaced the worn depressed spring with a brand new spring.

Also perhaps it is the feed ramp that needs polishing or what have you discovered as a remedy so that Speer Gold dot 115 pr 124 might be used? Or is that hollow points just don’t want to cooperate? I have read comments whereas others have related “ I had zero failures of any kind when running through 50 rounds of this ammo I.e., Speer Gold Dot Hollow points?

I need some solid advice as to a remedy or an alternative self defense ammo to correct my problem otherwise I will not feel safe and may have to disregard use my Rohrbaugh R9 as a carry piece whatsoever. Thank you...
I wish to have no Connection with any Ship that does not Sail fast for I intend to go in harm's way.
"John Paul Jones"

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
Re: Hollow point versus round nose rack and feed
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 04:15:32 PM »
I use Gold Dot 124 and have done so for years with no problem racking or feeding.  Wish I could help.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline Boatswainmate

Re: Hollow point versus round nose rack and feed
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2019, 06:16:23 PM »
Appreciate and very pleased you have no problem. Hopefully someone may suggest a remedy toward my fixing my problem. Eric might offer a suggestion yet have not asked for his comments as of yet for I wished to hear from others how they hopefully resolved their problem if they shared a similar situation. Best to you and thanks again for encouragement...
I wish to have no Connection with any Ship that does not Sail fast for I intend to go in harm's way.
"John Paul Jones"