Author Topic: Greetings from KTrange  (Read 3110 times)

Offline KeysBear

Greetings from KTrange
« on: January 02, 2005, 12:05:56 AM »
To DDGator and all,

One of our recent members at KTRange came over here and was nothing but rude.   A few posts have popped up at our site concerning the issue.   Such rudeness at our site is tolerated for about five seconds max.   You showed remarkable patience here.   Just wanted you to know it's not some turf war (well, maybe if you were Kahr guys).  
Best regards, and Happy New Year, Keys  8)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2005, 12:06:21 AM by KeysBear »

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
Re: Greetings from KTrange
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2005, 12:29:03 AM »
Keys,

Not a problem.  As a long time KT Range member, I know you guys will take care of things over there!  I actually PM'ed Flyer to give him some more details on what happened.

Keltec is banned here now, and won't be a problem.  As far as I know, we don't bash KTs much.  Kahrs are a touchier subject!  ;D

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline KeysBear

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2005, 01:30:27 AM »
 ;D

See ya again if I ever buy a Rohrbaugh.   BTW, nice layout here.   Live long and prosper.  

Regards, Keys  8)

Offline FlyerKtr

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2005, 02:42:50 AM »
Thought I'd drop in and say howdy, too!
The feller that caused you problems here is now the feller that's NOT gonna be causing you problems at KTRange!
Take care, ya'll.  8)
Flyer
« Last Edit: January 02, 2005, 02:43:15 AM by FlyerKtr »

Offline KeysBear

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2005, 10:27:38 AM »
DDGator,
It's your board and all, but I find that having a dungeon is quite handy for unwanted pests.   That is when the other savages on the admin team don't scalp them first.

Regards, Keys  8)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2005, 10:29:38 AM by KeysBear »

Offline Fud

• Master
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2005, 11:13:12 AM »
Over at FFF we have a dark room forum where we keep EVERY post & thread ever made -- even the ones that are editted for content by the staff and those that are deleted ...  they are not really deleted but just moved into the dark room out of public view. The same holds true for posts that are editted by the staff -- before they do any edits, they make a copy of the post and place it in the dark room. In this way, we have an original copy of what a trouble maker was saying and we don't have to rely on memory down the road if a banned member wishes to be re-instated -- we have to offenses right in front up us as if it happened today.

Just something you may want to think about doing here if you think there is some benefit to it.

We also have a mud room (members need to ask for a key to get in) which is basicly a free-for-all. Trouble makers can go in there and rant all they want. If regular members want to go in there and get dirty, that's their option but it stays off of the main board and out of public view.

Offline KeysBear

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2005, 12:41:10 PM »
Mr. Fudster,
Our admin keeps a "for our eyes only" forum too where we decide the fate of troublemakers and park threads while deciding what to do with them.  We haven't deleted much content, usually just locked the thread and let it sink into the swamp.   We use the word substitution feature to filter most of the objectionable words.     

Regards, Keys  8)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2005, 08:16:06 PM by KeysBear »

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2005, 12:31:11 PM »
Similar thing we use on THR Fudster ... we have an ''evidence locker'' ... and there are stickies that hold info on ''banned'', ''warned'' and ''spanked'' in the staff forum.

Here, I daresay just one ''garbage can'' would do nicely ... to store the trash and hold evidence.

Welcome to Keys and Flyer .... drop by again when you can ...  :)
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.