Author Topic: Hedley Holsters - On way to new home - Mine.  (Read 3671 times)

Offline MountainMan

• Grand Master
  • MountainMan Dave
Hedley Holsters - On way to new home - Mine.
« on: February 06, 2006, 10:05:24 PM »
After being up emotionally because of the Steeler winning the Super Bowl I was kind of down today.  That is until I got home and open up an email from RJ.  My holsters are done and on the way to their new home.  Here are the pictures RJ sent.

Thanks RJ!!  Master craftsmanship - sent you an email.
Dave

The first is for my new LWS.380 when it arrives.

Included in this set is my new Seecamp Backpocket (with a form blank inserted) that will be used right away for my LWS.32.

The large mag pouch is for my RJ Rohrbaugh holster that I already have.

Added my RJ Rohrbaugh R9 holster below that goes with the larger R9 mag pouch above.  Bill wouldn't part with his RJ mag holder so RJ made me my own.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 10:06:32 PM by MountainMan »
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away..."

Offline bigyimmy

• Expert
Re: Hedley Holsters - On way to new home - Mine.
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2006, 10:27:22 PM »
I 2nd it.
I received my R9 holster and magazine pouch about a week ago.  Very nice.  It was well worth the wait.
 8)

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2006, 09:02:45 AM »
Dave:

That's enough to lift the spirits.  Congratulations!  RJ's work is pure art.  
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline rtw

• Expert
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2006, 09:23:59 AM »
Ah, I enjoy seeing things wearing black leather.

RJ does such great work!

Congrats and thanks for the photos.

Let me know how you like front versus back pocket carry.
Welcome home

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2006, 07:18:11 PM »
Dave,
Is that not the stuff that makes you go "YES" ;D

RJ=Master..  8)

Brenden
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline MountainMan

• Grand Master
  • MountainMan Dave
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2006, 06:10:41 PM »
I just received my new RJ holsters today.  Even though RJ's photos are above I just had to do a few of my own - can't help myself.
Outstanding craftsmanship.
Thanks RJ!
Dave

The backpocket disappears into the backpocket and you forget it is there.  RJ made the holster part (not the anti-print panel) with a thinner leather stock.  This may help to make if very user friendly.

The front pocket is VERY NICE.  It is the home for my future LWS.380 that Tom Watson on the forum is getting for me.  Right now one of my LWS.32s is house sitting.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away..."

Offline dfsutton

• Sharpshooter
  • US Veteran
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2006, 02:39:50 AM »
Hmm,

These holsters are quite amazing.  I was thinking of getting a Del Fatti holster, but the more I see pictures of RJs work, the more I think I might see how long his wait time is.
"All that is thought should not be said, all that is said should not be written, all that is written should not be published, all that is published should not be read."

- Rabbi Menachem Morgenstern

Offline MountainMan

• Grand Master
  • MountainMan Dave
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2006, 07:46:11 PM »
Well I've been carrying my two new RJ holsters for four days and thought that I would give my analysis to date.

Remember RJ makes the same holsters for the R9 - I have one - see above.

The Backpocket:
It looks like you have a wallet (as long as the back pocket is not too shallow then you can see the gun top) - does not print the gun.  The backpocket is very easy to carry and you forget it is there - until you sit down in the car or another soft cushioned chair - then you are sitting on the gun.  I found that if I remembered I would transfer the holster to the front pocket before sitting if no one was around to notice the transfer.  

The backpocket is the holster to carry if the pants material is thin and a front pocket would be more visible.  Also if you want the use of both front pockets - like for a custom pocket knife.

The Front Pocket:
I LOVE THIS HOLSTER!  When I show it to someone with the Seecamp inserted it takes their breath away.  In fact I can't stop looking at it myself.  The intials and the pushoff give the whole package a rich look.  I like the holster sides going up the slide higher as it does.  The holster stays in place in the front pocket. When you draw the gun the top of the front extention catches the inside of the pocket and holds the holster. You don't need the pushoff but I'm glad it is there.

I at times like to put my hand in my pocket and hold my Seecamp grip - like a security blanket - this front pocket holster makes it easy to do this.

When carrying you forget it is there - does not print the gun.  Said I loved it.
Thanks RJ
Dave

« Last Edit: February 13, 2006, 07:50:02 PM by MountainMan »

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2006, 09:00:39 PM »
My favorite part is the rich looking leather trim which RJ puts at the top.  Very high class work, I think.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2006, 09:52:55 AM »
Dave:

I'm relieved to see that someone else has his pocket holsters and magazine cases monogrammed.   8)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"