Author Topic: Little action at the range  (Read 2097 times)

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
Little action at the range
« on: February 17, 2017, 05:53:38 PM »
Monday at our indoor range some guy with a AR missed his 30 foot target with the windage off by THREE FEET hitting a steel post!!!!!!!!! Bullet broke up in 3 pieces flying back hitting three people, one requiring minor hospitalization.

Police came and locked the place down, nobody in or out. Once 'Barney' realized it was a accident things went back to normal. That was the most excitement here in years. :) :) :) :)
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Three times a week shooter
Indy resident

Those who disrespect the American flag have never been handed a folded one

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
Re: Little action at the range
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 08:52:20 PM »
Wow . . . . . Not good.
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2017, 08:58:43 PM »
Some months ago, here in sunny Florida a member of a private range brought his wife as a guest to shoot. Unfortunately, she was wearing a low cut blouse...not good. While she was shooting, a .45 hot shell went down her blouse. She screamed, then accidently shot her husband in the leg when she panicked and turned towards him. Not good.
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2017, 09:05:55 PM »
Beware; they're out there.

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2017, 11:33:29 PM »
This reminds me of my first Concealed Carry Course.  We had a few hours of lectures and then we went to the range.  The guy in the lane next to me, when he pulled the trigger, he shot the floor about six feet in front of us, over and over.  This guy was the typical Detroit liquor store owner demographic.  The rangemaster yelled  "If you do that again you're out of here! " He fired again and the lead or brass case fragments hit me in the glasses.  I never went to that range again.  I want to bring my 4, 6, 8, and 10 year olds to the range, but I think it will be at a private club with single rounds only in the mags. 

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2017, 05:41:41 PM »
This is why I get to the range when the doors open, ALWAYS wear a vest and leave in 30 minutes. At Point Blank, they have 7-8 ranges in Indiana, Ohio, and Kentucky. You show up, watch a THREE MINUTE VIDEO, can rent any handgun or  long gun, and they send you to the firing line.

Two weeks there was a guy in there renting a AR. The employee asked what kind oF ammo he wanted. He replied "ANY OF THE .38 AMMO IS FINE." He had NO CLUE what caliber it was. :o :o :o :o :o
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Three times a week shooter
Indy resident

Those who disrespect the American flag have never been handed a folded one