Author Topic: OEM take-down tool  (Read 4143 times)

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
OEM take-down tool
« on: July 17, 2005, 02:54:11 AM »
Any word yet on a factory supplied take-down tool for the R9?  This seems like an item that could be engineered in house and then manufactured by another source.  Seems like there would be a lot of demand.
Off topic but, I ordered an R9s from Aregos on Thursday and I'm waiting to pick it up from my local gun shop.  They still had several in stock at $946 out the door.  This is my first post, but I've been gathering information on this site for several months and finally decided to order an R9.   RJ, how much longer until you are caught-up enough to start taking more orders?   I'll be needing a holster soon and you seem to make a well respected product.

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
Re: OEM take-down tool
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2005, 10:28:19 AM »
PM sent

So far, my "STOP STICK" is the only thing out there.  It works and is available..  
RJ=

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2005, 03:57:43 PM »
  RJ, how much longer until you are caught-up enough to start taking more orders?   I'll be needing a holster soon and you seem to make a well respected product.

Po-Pee:

Welcome to the Forum.

As for RJ's holsters, they are not just well respected, they are quite simply works of art.  By way of example, at the range the other day I laid my R9s on the firing bench in its Hedley holster.  The comments of the man on my right were as follows:  

"That's a great rig!  What kind of pistol is that?  And who made that beautiful holster?"
« Last Edit: July 17, 2005, 03:58:21 PM by Richard_S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline MountainMan

• Grand Master
  • MountainMan Dave
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2005, 06:05:17 PM »
Po-Pee

Welcome and let us know how you like your R9.   There has to be a good reason who you chose Po-Pee --- of course we could use our imaginations.
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away..."

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2005, 06:07:09 PM »

Po-Pee:

Welcome to the Forum.

As for RJ's holsters, they are not just well respected, they are quite simply works of art.  By way of example, at the range the other day I laid my R9s on the firing bench in its Hedley holster.  The comments of the man on my right were as follows:  

"That's a great rig!  What kind of pistol is that?  And who made that beautiful holster?"

PO-Pee,
       Welcome..

You can do no wrong by getting anything from RJ.. ;D 8)

My leather works great.. 8)

Brenden
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2005, 12:24:39 PM »
I certainly agree about RJ's holsters.

The first time I saw the picture on the internet, there was no other choice for me.  Even the P3AT starts looking better around his holster.

He got it just right!

Bill

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2005, 12:32:49 PM »
Po-Pee

Welcome and let us know how you like your R9.   There has to be a good reason who you chose Po-Pee --- of course we could use our imaginations.

That is an unusual userid.  I know the meaning must be based on noble choices.

To avoid disappointment, I pronounce Po as if it sounds like Poe, the celebrated author.

Still, the last portion remains, in high visability.

There is the Pee Dee National Wildlife Refuge in North Carolina.  Sometimes, we do not see the obvious because of our own limitations.

Bill

« Last Edit: July 18, 2005, 12:59:15 PM by Michigunner »

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2005, 02:44:09 PM »
Po-Pee

An Honorable name,  I had a Po-pee in my life, a few years back..   Look around on my web site and you will find him.. ;D
RJ=

Offline MountainMan

• Grand Master
  • MountainMan Dave
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2005, 04:50:31 PM »
I will do that RJ.  I also see that PoPee is a famous performer in Japan.  So Po-Pee once again welcome!
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away..."

Offline TW

• Grand Master
OEM take-down tool
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2005, 01:10:36 AM »
>>Po Pee...

I too would like to say hi, and welcome to this great website...!  You will likely LOVE your R9...!  Lucky you at not having to wait for your gun.  To that end we look forward to a report about your first outing.  

You may or may not have to wait for your Hedley holster of choice **poke at RJ**...depends on how crusty he is feeling when you contact him - lol...!  Just kidding...he's ALWAYS crusty, and his work is simply some of the finest you will find.  While you are at it - be sure to order one of his brass take down tools.  If you don't know what it is - don't worry...just buy it...you'll like it...!

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2005, 03:07:48 AM »
Po-Pee,

Welcome to the forum.  I know you will find much interesting information here, and meet many new friends.

I've learned quite a bit here, while waiting for the R9S delivery.

I didn't know about the famous Japanese performer by the same name.  We are in quite a rural area here, and don't always know the latest trends.

I also bought the Chop Stick tool from RJ.  Mine is aluminum.

Best wishes,

Bill
« Last Edit: July 19, 2005, 09:45:54 AM by Michigunner »

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2005, 11:17:39 AM »
Po-Pee,?   Welcome to the forum, I'm sure you will enjoy it. We need your thoughts when you shoot your R9.   Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2005, 06:10:47 PM »
Picked up my R9s today.  I can't wait to shoot it.  Has Deer Park slide and black grips.  Aregos overnighted it to my local gun shop, so I only had to wait less than a week from the time I ordered it until I picked it up.  I actually could have picked up the gun two days earlier on Monday, but the gun shop was closed for two days.  I'll have to thank Maria for steering me towards this dealer to avoid the long wait.  

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2005, 09:21:28 PM »
My gosh you really lucked out! Great.

Late to the thread but let me add my welcome too :)
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.