Author Topic: small of the back  (Read 6760 times)

Offline calilw

small of the back
« on: January 06, 2010, 08:44:10 PM »
does anyone have or does anyone make a small of the back OWB holster for the rohrbaugh r9?
thanks
lucas

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: small of the back
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 09:03:11 PM »
Don't know anyone that does.  Every gun training class or CC classes that I've been to, recommend not to carry in the small of the back.  If you should fall on your back with the gun there, you can be seriously  injured.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 09:06:39 PM by kjtrains »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline calilw

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 08:29:21 PM »
i'm not conserned with falling on my back with a holster.  does anyone else know of a holster maker that would make one?
thanks
lucas

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 08:55:31 PM »
Lucas,
Even though Robert Meco isn't currently taking orders because of a family death I suggest you contact him. Other forum members here have said that he will make whatever you want at superb quality.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 09:18:21 PM »
i'm not conserned with falling on my back with a holster.  does anyone else know of a holster maker that would make one?
thanks
lucas
Just thought I would pass on some advice I had learned from different gun training classes.  You certainly don't have to heed it.  No one expects to fall.  I try to eliminate anything I know that could cause a problem.  Good luck to you, for sure!
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline calilw

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 12:52:39 PM »
thanks i'll look into it.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2010, 02:56:01 PM »
Excellent!

Offline Chief-USN

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2010, 10:20:31 AM »
I would love to find an IWB or OWB Crossdraw holster for the PUP. Would be nice while driving.
Allen
Retired Navy (1969-1992)
Viet Nam Vet
Desert Storm Vet
Lifetime NRA Member

Veteran " Freedom isn't free, I Paid for it"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2010, 08:37:22 PM »
As tracker suggested to calilw, contact Robert Meco and he can make you what you would like.  He has made DaninVa a cross draw and has a picture on another thread.  Just make sure you ask Robert to angle the clip on so the grip points forward rather than upright.  Dan has pointed out, this is one change he would make.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 08:42:24 PM by kjtrains »

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2010, 08:42:54 PM »
Lucas,
Even though Robert Meco isn't currently taking orders because of a family death I suggest you contact him. Other forum members here have said that he will make whatever you want at superb quality.

Robert is now taking orders again.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2010, 08:50:53 PM »
Thanks!  Now I can get one made for the Boberg!    And in black!

Offline calilw

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2010, 11:24:38 PM »
i sent him an email and received a call back within a day.  unfortunately i missed the call but i'll keep you posted if we can work something out.

Offline Ed_K

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2010, 11:45:02 AM »
Please do post if it can be made I want one to

Offline calilw

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2010, 05:03:13 PM »
i talked to robert and he's a good guy.  he doesn't make a small of the back and not real keen on dueing so for liability reasons.  but still might go back to him for a pocket rig.   i just contacted a local guy here in st louis and i'll keep you posted on what we come up with.

lucas

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2010, 09:08:49 PM »
calilw:

Years ago, against all advice, I talked a holster maker who shall remain unnamed into making a small-of-the back (SOB) holster for me to carry a 1911. After a few days of wearing the rig I found it to be so uncomfortable that I put it in permanent storage. Regardless of any danger from falling backwards while wearing it, I found the rig to be a real irritation to the spinal area after an hour or two of wearing it.

[size=10]Edit: Typo.[/size]
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 11:30:42 AM by Richard_S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"