Author Topic: small of the back  (Read 6759 times)

Offline calilw

Re: small of the back
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2010, 11:26:13 PM »
after meeting with a local leathersmith here in st louis this is what i came up with.  

first is an on the belt holster that he had made for another customer's spouse and it's not what they wanted so he kept the holster and remade it as a paddle holster for them.  i don't remember what gun it was for but it only took minor fitting to make it work for the R9S.   now i'm not thrilled with the color, and i don't think there is a need for the tention screw.  but he cut me a great deal on it, and if the color really starts bothering me i can take it back and have it completely dyed black.  i do like the contrasting stitching though so i think i can live with it.  i've had it for a couple of weeks now and it is really comfortable and a pleasure to wear.

the second is an IWB with a clip rough side out.  this one was custom made to my R9S.  this is going to be my go to when the weather warms up.  i've only worn it a couple times and it disappears.

i also had him make an ankle rig for my S&W 340PD.  i never though i'd have an ankle holster but man is this thing comfortable!  i'll take pictures later.

so with it all said and done i had jack make me two new hosters,  modify one to fit the R9S,  and fit two other holsters i had for my 357.  he told me to give him 2-3wks for the work and after 5 days i had a message that it all was done.  and all the work cost about $150.  and wow am i very happy!
thanks again for everyones help and if anyone's interested in jacks contact info let me know.
lucas

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2010, 05:47:28 AM »
lucas.  Thanks.  Let us know Jack's contact info.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline calilw

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2010, 08:29:01 PM »
his name is Jack Bender ph# 636-207-7793 email jbcustom-leather@att.net ...  he's a retired police officer and works out of his home so please be respectful of that.  i did talk to him about posting his phone number before doing so.  so he knows there is some out of town interest in his work.  he currently resides on the west side of st. louis.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 11:09:59 AM by calilw »

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2010, 08:46:34 PM »
lucas.  Thanks.  Always good to know another holster maker.  Thanks again.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline RemoraHolsters

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2010, 02:56:14 PM »
The Remnora No-Clip holsters can be tucked in the waistband anywhere (even in the small of your back) and can also be used between the belt and pants.

Check them out at:

http://www.remoraholsters.com

We make 5 models that will work with the Rohrbaugh:  

1XSMA2 - Hold just the gun in the holster.  
1XSMA3 - Holds a gun with added accessories or for those that like a looser fit.  
1XSMALP - The gun sits lower in the holster and exposes more of the grip (new product - not in the online store yet, will have to fill out the contact form on the website)  
1XSMAWM - Holds the same guns as the 1XSMA3, but with an extra mag pocket.  
1XSMAAH - Holds the same guns as the 1ZSMA2, but has velcro attached to use with the velcro leg strappings. Can be used as a pocket holster also.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 02:57:17 PM by RemoraHolsters »