Author Topic: Bone Grips?Anyone?....Bueller?  (Read 3899 times)

Offline Roarbaw123

Bone Grips?Anyone?....Bueller?
« on: May 14, 2013, 02:00:06 PM »
Gentleman, my once passionate quest for ivory grips for the R9 has been somewhat subdued by the difficulty and cost involved with said endeavor. However, I would be greatly satisfied with ANY light/creamy bone grips. Anyone know where I could get some of these made? I have been surprised at the reluctance by many grip makers to attempt this grip. I really want to spoil this gun with custom grips...any help one could offer would be appreciated. Cheers

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
Re: Bone Grips?Anyone?....Bueller?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 02:41:41 PM »
Gentleman, my once passionate quest for ivory grips for the R9 has been somewhat subdued by the difficulty and cost involved with said endeavor. However, I would be greatly satisfied with ANY light/creamy bone grips. Anyone know where I could get some of these made? I have been surprised at the reluctance by many grip makers to attempt this grip. I really want to spoil this gun with custom grips...any help one could offer would be appreciated. Cheers
The grips are a weak link in the gun design. If they are not tight and made correctly the gun will not function. Makers don't want the liability.
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified instructor: Pistol,Rifle,Shotgun ,Muzzleloading-Pistol-Rifle-Shotgun,Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside The home,Home Firearm Safety

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: Bone Grips?Anyone?....Bueller?
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 09:11:02 PM »
Hogue makes standard grips for the R9 and therefore has the CNC pattern well established and proven. I would suggest that you communicate directly with them on your proposed project, asking their suggestions as to bone material and sources. I would also suggest that you assure them that they would be held completely harmless if the project were not successful.

http://www.getgrip.com/main/about/contact.html

Good luck with your project and remember that patience is often rewarded.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"