Author Topic: Gun fired without trigger pulled  (Read 3807 times)

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
Re: Gun fired without trigger pulled
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2021, 04:13:42 PM »
When was the last time you fired it, cleaned it, tightened the grip panels, etc Doug?

Did it perform properly?

Eric R.
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline Douglas

• Expert
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2021, 06:40:21 PM »
Hi Eric!

Oh boy, I haven't fired this pup in probably two years. Of course, cleaned and tightened then. Been carrying an M&P340 or a G43 more frequently when on my own time in the interim.

Last maintenance was this past September, I know that because I had to move the guns from my shield to my permit then, so they all got the spa treatment.

This gun has always run like a top, since the day I got it, and before that for the guy (a close friend) who had bought it new.

I have a supply of spare recoil springs and replace when appropriate. I used to shoot it quite often, much more than many, I suspect.

This just caught my eye, because it reminded me that once it did slip out of a Hedley pocket holster and land on the tile, when I sat to use the facilities. Put a little ding in the slide by the serrations, no big deal. I hadn't given it another thought until I saw this thread. Nothing happened then, and honestly it never occurred to me that anything might have. I'm sure it's fine.

Thanks for still being here!

Doug

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2021, 06:06:27 PM »
Hey Doug,

Reading your letter here, it would appear that ole R18** is just fine then. Clean, tightened grip panels and oiled.

As we say 'round our neck of the woods:  "You're good to go."    LOL

Stay well, Stay safe.

BTW. . . . . The wife and I were in D.C. last Wednesday. That Capital experience was baloney.

Go patriots!

Regards,

ECR
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.