Author Topic: Who has retired their P3-AT?  (Read 7192 times)

Offline MurrayNevada

• Expert
Who has retired their P3-AT?
« on: June 30, 2004, 10:44:26 PM »
Mine is in the safe now that I have my R9S.  I'm curious to see if a lot of Robaugh owners are also P3-AT owners.  I would think so.  I thought the P3-AT would be my pocket carry for years to come.  I think that now about my R9S.  I wonder if Rohrbaugh or any other manufacturer will cause me to retire the R9S in the future??

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
Re: Who has retired their P3-AT?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2004, 10:50:00 PM »
Mike - mine too - I admit - is in safe!!  Tho always loaded and could well be odd times when it'll be grabbed. For now anyways as I really want to keep my #1 R9 in good shape, as far as outside wear goes.
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2004, 10:50:53 PM »
I believe mine will be headed that way... We will see.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline GeorgeH

• Master
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2004, 12:55:48 AM »
My Kel Tec is still out and used. My intent for it was to carry it in a neck holster usually in the winter when I wear sweat pants and a sweat shirt. So I don't expect it to be retired, just not an everyday gun.

Offline MurrayNevada

• Expert
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2004, 10:08:43 AM »
I like the idea of a neck holster.  Tried it years ago with my P-32 and found it a bit uncomfortable the few times I tried that method of carry.  I think it a great way to carry a BUG.  Now I am remembering how much I liked my P-32!  The P3AT caused me to retire the great little P-32.  Now they both live in the safe.

Offline Texas_Bob

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2004, 08:29:59 PM »
 P-32 was not retired, it was SOLD, and a second R9s ordered. Now except for an "old" j-frame(that I'm glad can't talk) 9mm feeds my entire collection. I'm keeping it simple in my later years.

Offline MurrayNevada

• Expert
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2004, 10:46:21 PM »
TexasBob I hear you.  I should sell some of my guns to simplify my life too.  On a couple of occassions I have talked myself into selling some only to decide not to at the last moment.  I have guns that I will likely never use again but can't part with them.  Heck, I have holsters for guns that I have never owned and can't part with them.  

Offline GeorgeH

• Master
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2004, 10:46:26 PM »
I run an 8 inch piece of plastic tubing over the chain and it makes all the difference in the world as to comfort.

Offline MurrayNevada

• Expert
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2004, 10:48:46 PM »
George:
I will try the plastic tubing.  Should be easier on my chest hair.

Offline GeorgeH

• Master
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2004, 10:53:41 PM »
I have three neck holsters: one for my NAA 22 mag mini 1 & 5/8 inch barrel; my NAA Black Widow; and my Kel Tec 380. I love them all.... :)

Offline cal45

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2004, 07:26:38 PM »
Actually, I may be buying one soon if the wait for a local R-9 is too long. Currently I use my Kahr PM9 for my pocket carry but at times it is rather bulky depending on the pants. I have been caryying it more IWB than pocket and may just go get the P3-AT for when I only have pocket carry as an option. I had one in the past and it ran great without any stoppages. i sold it when I brought my PM9.....I know, should have kept it.  ::)