Author Topic: New Pup  (Read 4135 times)

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
New Pup
« on: October 24, 2010, 12:07:17 PM »
I got a new pup a couple of days ago it is completely stock only 100 rounds through it.
  I have some plans for it but they will take a while and I hate waiting. :(
So here are a couple of Before pics and when I get the pup finished I will post the After pics.

John

"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: New Pup
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2010, 01:09:33 PM »
Great, John; exciting times.  Glad you joined the more than one!   Another Robar, maybe?    :)  
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2010, 01:53:04 PM »
I have had more than one on a couple of occasions. ;D
  I can tell you that this one won't be going to Robar, I don't like repeat performances. :o

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline 4mallard

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2010, 02:04:26 PM »
John,

It looks mint! Congratulations! Are you going to have custom work done to it? You know, that is what I have in mind for Pup #2, but haven't decided about exactly what to do, or who will do it. I am leaning heavily toward Cogan, as they did Corey's R9, which he put up a picture of a few months back.

That pretty much describes what I want done: silver frame, slick up the slide, maybe soften the edges (but not sure about that) and checker the grip frame, front and back, and the front of the trigger guard, as I'm one of those shooters. I was all ready to do it, when R293 came into my life. Now, it must wait a while. But worth it.

4mallard
"Speed is life."
James "Red" Best
RADM, USN (Ret.)
Gunfighter Extraordinaire

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2010, 02:08:06 PM »
I have had more than one on a couple of occasions. ;D
  I can tell you that this one won't be going to Robar, I don't like repeat performances. :o

John

OK, John, I will stop guessing and wait for you to tell.    ;D
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2010, 02:59:22 PM »
   It won't be a one shop job, it could be as many as three or four places doing different pieces of the project. If it all comes together there will be some previously unseen things done to this pup. :o ;D

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2010, 03:05:35 PM »
John.  Sounds like it's going to be an amazing R9!    :)

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2010, 03:32:22 PM »
John that sounds fun.  I can't wait to see it!
corey

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2010, 05:00:02 PM »
     D*** John, you're gonna make an R-45 out of it!!! ;D ;D Wheee! Seriously, as Corey said I can't wait to see it.     Gene
birdman

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2010, 07:43:29 PM »
I was thinking an R500 S&W or R454 Casull to sell to kj. ;D ;D

John

"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2010, 08:01:17 PM »
That would work!    ;D

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2010, 11:27:57 PM »
You will need to change the spring every five rounds and your shorts after one. :o ;D ;D

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2010, 08:32:35 AM »
John.  It would be just one for the safe!    :D

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2010, 10:52:10 PM »
   Well after a couple of days of phone calls and internet exchanges I can see bringing my ideas to life is going to be a challenge. :o

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2010, 11:18:23 AM »
John.  The challenge is part of the fun!    ;)