Author Topic: WTB: Farmie  (Read 12456 times)

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
Re: WTB: Farmie
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2015, 09:03:11 AM »
. . . . And if he doesn't. . . . . . Well, let's just say we may have to go "New York" on 'em.  lol

. . . . and let's also remember: Josh may or may not like either one of them.

. . . . Oh hell, I'll go one more here:  We all still don't know what the asking prices are for them yet.

____________  "To Be Continued"  ______________
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 09:05:18 AM by ECR »
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2015, 09:24:13 AM »
Lol. Both analogies probably work just fine. Hopefully the whining isn't too incessant and annoying. Now anyone want to give me a Farmie? Hmm hmm hmmm hmm hmm.... Lol. Sad eyes and all. Right here. I would even let you throw your R9 (Or any other firearms for that matter ; ) my way MRC. I mean as long as your giving bones to the begging dog and all. Lol.

And as for the blind squirrel, that's definitely a good fit. I probably couldn't find my way out of a wet paper sack without you fellows' help on this whole Farmingdale thing. I can't even spell Farmy. Lol

Thanks again for all the help fellas.

Eagerly awaiting the next analogy. Please, just don't get my wife involved in this. It may get really ugly fast. Haha.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 09:44:37 AM by JoshA »
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2015, 09:41:53 AM »
. . . . And if he doesn't. . . . . . Well, let's just say we may have to go "New York" on 'em.  lol

. . . . and let's also remember: Josh may or may not like either one of them.

. . . . Oh hell, I'll go one more here:  We all still don't know what the asking prices are for them yet.

____________  "To Be Continued"  ______________

As for not liking either of them I don't think that will be a problem at all 😄

I have made my mistakes with my first R9. I think they will be pretty safe here. Plus I don't want anyone going New York on me 😜

Then there is the whole price thing. I'm anxious to see what they want for them. I have typically found folks to be pretty reasonable. I am hopeful we can work something out.

Waiting with bated breath Eric.

Thanks again for this great opportunity sir.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2015, 10:13:11 AM »
My pleasure to help both sides here Josh. . . . . Both you, a Rohrbaugh R9 enthusiast, and my friends of some 27 years. I can say that with the provenance these pistols have, I don't expect them to be inexpensive, but are they going to be over 2500 each?. . . . . I don't think so. I have no idea what they are looking for yet, but we will all know by sometime next week for sure. If memory serves me correctly, I believe they have #125 and 126, no prefix. The other S.N.s that come to mind is 116 / 117.  Not too sure anymore other than I know they are pre-prefix and consecutive R9s.

OK, I bet that is enough information to get ya going today!   lol

Speak with you all soon. . . . . I'm heading out to work on my motorcycle now so it is ready for my trip in April down south to N.C. and Alabama.

I love those backroads in The Great Smokey Mountains!

Cheers

Eric R.
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2015, 10:24:07 AM »
I am hopeful it works well for both parties Eric. Nothing better than a win win.

John Stuart Mill

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2015, 10:45:42 AM »
I have 117 and 118 so it isn't either of those.
Currently looking for Elite Premium RP 1 of 16. Please PM 
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2015, 04:04:00 PM »
Very well than. . . . . It may be the ones in the 20s then. . . . . . You know what?. . . . . We will all know by next week!  lol

Photographs of these girls to follow. . . . . .  ;)

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2015, 08:54:09 AM »
OK folks. . . . . . I stopped by my friend’s house, took some photographs of the two pre-prefix Farmingdale, NY made R9s and sent those along to Josh. I said to him to take his time and have a look at the photographs and give it some thought prior to a commitment, but, as mentioned before, he had the right of first refusal. With that said, a week or so went by and Josh contacted me. We spoke and he sadly had to say it is not in the cards for him at this time for such an outlay, so he would have to pass on any purchases at this time, but he was extremely gracious in conversations with me about those two R9s. Josh is absolutely a standup guy, who I now consider a friend here. With that said, I will be posting in the "Classifieds Area" the two early no prefix R9s now for anyone who may have an interest in two very rare Rohrbaugh R9 Pistols. Take a look there. If they do not go within a few weeks, I will be putting them on another local to me forum. . . . Long Island Firearms Forum, a.k.a.: "LIF". 

I want The Rohrbaugh Forum folks here to have the first crack at these gems. Eventually, I will put them on Gunbroker if they are not sold through these two forums.

Regards,

Eric R.

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2015, 09:06:48 AM »
OK folks. . . . . . I stopped by my friend’s house, took some photographs of the two pre-prefix Farmingdale, NY made R9s and sent those along to Josh. I said to him to take his time and have a look at the photographs and give it some thought prior to a commitment, but, as mentioned before, he had the right of first refusal. With that said, a week or so went by and Josh contacted me. We spoke and he sadly had to say it is not in the cards for him at this time for such an outlay, so he would have to pass on any purchases at this time, but he was extremely gracious in conversations with me about those two R9s. Josh is absolutely a standup guy, who I now consider a friend here. With that said, I will be posting in the "Classifieds Area" the two early no prefix R9s now for anyone who may have an interest in two very rare Rohrbaugh R9 Pistols. Take a look there. If they do not go within a few weeks, I will be putting them on another local to me forum. . . . Long Island Firearms Forum, a.k.a.: "LIF". 

I want The Rohrbaugh Forum folks here to have the first crack at these gems. Eventually, I will put them on Gunbroker if they are not sold through these two forums.

Regards,

Eric R.

Thanks again for the right of first refusal Eric.

Man those are some absolutely gorgeous Farmingdale pistols!

Perfect.

Sorry i am not able to make it happen at this time.

Best wishes to the seller and I'm confident someone will be very proud to have these in their collection. Truly beautiful.

John Stuart Mill

Offline Sonny_Boy

• Expert
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2015, 10:02:32 AM »
What is the price range on this type of pistol in excellent condition, original box, papers, low 300 serial number, no sights, silver frame, spare blue grips and original blue grips?

If I may ask?
~If you don't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them~

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2015, 10:23:08 AM »
Good Morning Sonny,

Is your question in reference to something you personally own?

Eric R.

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2015, 12:20:43 PM »
Sonny the silver frame aspect should add a lot of value to the right person.
Currently looking for Elite Premium RP 1 of 16. Please PM 
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2015, 12:29:46 PM »
That is true. We did not make many silver framed R9s.  For your information, those were a hard-coat anodizing process by a company in Connecticut.

Offline Sonny_Boy

• Expert
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2015, 02:29:37 PM »
Yes I currently own it.
~If you don't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them~

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2015, 08:27:27 PM »
What is the price range on this type of pistol in excellent condition, original box, papers, low 300 serial number, no sights, silver frame, spare blue grips and original blue grips?

If I may ask?

I would need to see a few photographs of your gun Sonny to throw an estimate on it for you. Again, anything is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it.

ecr