Author Topic: Selling 2 Farmingdale, N.Y. Pre-prefix Rohrbaugh R9 9mm Pistols - Certified NIB!  (Read 4765 times)

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
Going up for sale are two early production (May 2004) Rohrbaugh R9 “Standards” I made for friends of mine 11 years ago. They purchased them as a show of support for our idea. They are not regular shooters and never took them out of the box. I opened them recently to inspect them and to take some photographs of them to post for sale. Their birthdays are on the 24th and 26th of the month, so they bought S.N. 124 and 126. These are unfired except by me during the original test firing (6 rounds at that time) and once again at The New York State Police Troop “L” Barracks in Farmingdale, New York for the then state mandated CoBIS compliant test shells, of which there were two shells shot. Take a look at the NYS Police CoBIS Label. We were so new then that we were not in their files yet, so they labeled us as an "Unknown or unpublished gun make co." These have the original blue carbon fiber grip panels. They are marked Farmingdale, N.Y. and one is an R9 (no sights) and the other is the now rare R9S with the slide marked “R9s”. These still have the original thick Super Lube grease we were using in those early days on the slide rails and barrel area. Extra outer recoil spring (Gen. 1) and are in the original cases with all of the literature which was with those early guns is still intact!

Price wise they are asking a fair price for them. Keep in mind, there were only about 52-55 original R9s sold without the prefix in the serial number. The reason for the prefix is to indicate to us at the factory a change in the frame barrel lug area. Those without the prefix in the serial number are rare and extremely difficult to find.

The price for the set of two R9 pistols is $3600.00

The price if you just want one R9 pistol is $1900.00

You can contact me here with questions and if you live close enough, you may certainly make arrangements with me to stop by and see them in person if you’d like.

Any questions you may have, feel free to contact me here via private message (PM) and please include a contact telephone number where I can reach you for any discussions.

Regards to All,

Eric R.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 10:19:16 AM by ECR »
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
A few more photographs.
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
I will take both of them. Thanks.
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
Both R9s are now sold. Thank you all for looking!

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
Carg,

Nice pick up!  Good move snagging them before they hit gun broker or who know what they would have gone for.
Currently looking for Elite Premium RP 1 of 16. Please PM 
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
I too believe the seller left money on the table, but they were happy with the prices that they wanted them listed at. I simply obliged them by posting them for sale here on the forum. My guess is that they did not want to play games back and forth trying to sell them for a higher amount and simply listed them at reasonable prices here for the time that they owned them. I’m glad that they went to real enthusiasts of the marque here on The Rohrbaugh Forum.  A heart felt “Thank You” for that!

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
When used R9 Stealths are going for $1400.00 on GunBroker, I was very pleased to purchase these from Eric. Thanks again. Norm
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline tattoo

• Master
And to think I thought norm was selling all his rohrbaugh stuff. O well these little guns are intoxicating

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
I sold everything that I had... all my Stealth's, a Rohrbaugh Cogan, my Yankee2500 mag extensions, my brass tools, my magazines...everything. And then entered Eric Rohrbaugh to this Forum. Everything changed for me. The love affair I had with the R9s was now on the front burner again. Time to start over with a new collection. Ahh the chase...I love the chase. Thank you Eric.

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
Grats Norm!
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Offline tracker

• Grand Master

Eric's presence has certainly jazzed the package here.

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)