Author Topic: Problem poll  (Read 4896 times)

Offline Aglifter

• Grand Master
  • Thanks and Gig 'em
Problem poll
« on: October 31, 2005, 05:59:20 PM »
Maybe, so that people don't get a distorted view -- we could have some kind of problem post, where people can post if they've had a mechanical problem (not that their grip was faulty, etc.) and if it was resolved/nature of the problem -- e.g. I was getting concerned about my slide cracking, until I saw that only 3 guns out of a bad run had cracked slides.

And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline sslater

• Master
Re: Problem poll
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2005, 06:23:22 PM »
Mine's been good.  Built in July 2005.
After 200 rounds there is a bit of wear thru the anodized finish inside the frame that I'm keeping an eye on.  Looks like photos posted some months ago that Rohrbaugh says is 'normal'.

Steve S.

Offline EdMan

• Expert
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2005, 03:12:20 AM »
Aglifter,
I got my R-9 in August of this year. Fired about 350 rounds and had the following problems:
1) Cracked slide.
2) 4 or 5 Light primer strikes, Failures to fire on first trigger pull.
3) 2 or 3 Failures to eject (I may have limp wristed it).
4) 3 times the Magazine catch released while I was firing.

It was sent back to Rohrbaugh for repair. I only have about 40 rounds through it since the repairs, but it is doing better. See my other posts for more details.

Offline Skyhook

• Expert
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2005, 03:00:45 PM »
I don't wanna talk about it..

(My gun is still a 'work in progress'.  :-/ )

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2005, 04:23:29 PM »
#1 R9 did all my ammo testing - that had a few FTFeed probs early on when new, some of which were ammo type attributable - but since break-in had seemed dead reliable - now tho it is a safe queen!

#2 which is the carry piece - while not had more than 200 rounds thru has been excellent and all it eats now is GD's - as well as ball ammo for practice.

Oh - to add - #1 was in my possession around May 2004 and #2 around Oct 2004.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2005, 04:24:39 PM by R9SCarry »
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2005, 05:14:29 PM »
Honestly, I am not sure that a poll like this will help.  It is still far from a representative sample and the bad eggs will still rise to the top...

Nonetheless, my gun as been problem free and it was a pretty early model.
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2005, 07:36:25 PM »
I'm beginning to sound like the proverbial "stuck record," but my R9s (No. 132) has yet to fail in any way.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline TW

• Grand Master
Problem poll
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2005, 08:15:58 PM »
>>As a recap...  I have two guns, first obtained in late '04, second in Spring of '05.  Both guns functioned fine until last Summer when I experienced FTF in both guns.  Sent both in for fixing a ~ month ago...got them back and first outing both worked fine...TW<<

Offline Skyhook

• Expert
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2005, 08:21:37 PM »
The favorable posts by guys like Richard S., TW, etc., are what help keep me in a positive mood as I contune to work with my pup.

I'm sure I am in perfect agreement with all here when I tell one and all I really think that R-9 is a beauty and if and when I get mine to function reliably, no steps will be skipped, no advice will be ignored.

I think the end result will justify the effort and expense.

Offline TW

• Grand Master
Problem poll
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2005, 08:42:59 PM »
>>I forgot to mention the frame wear I was concerned about...very evident on my older gun with 448 shots thru it, newer gun same wear was just beginning to show with 89 shots thru it.  Below are two pics of my older gun...one focused on the frame/cup wear, the other frame/rails wear.  Karl told me this wear was normal...

Offline MountainMan

• Grand Master
  • MountainMan Dave
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2005, 11:49:05 PM »
TW
Looks like the exact wear we have seen on other threads.  Someone said that.  Seems it goes so far and stops.

Skyhook
Glad that you are still positive.  Hope it all works out for you.  As I've said both of my R9s are fine.
Dave
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away..."

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2005, 09:09:35 AM »
Keep trying, Skyhook.  We are pulling for you.

Offline TW

• Grand Master
Problem poll
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2005, 12:02:24 PM »
>>I'm pulling for Skyhook too, however, I'm sensitive to the fact he and others may not care to work through the issues some of us have had with the R9 to end up with a reliable, spiffy gun.  For this reason I will now try and project a more balanced view that this gun may NOT in fact be for everyone.  In the same way last year some of us had to really face the fact this is a defensive gun to be carried a lot, shot a little.  Not that we hadn't heard that from the Factory from day one...it's just that the gun LOOKS like it wants to be shot a lot - lol...if you know what I mean...?...!...TW<<