Author Topic: 1st 2nd 3rd 4th..........  (Read 8215 times)

Offline jhmedrano

1st 2nd 3rd 4th..........
« on: February 25, 2011, 11:18:33 PM »
Hi guys well here we go bored at work again thought i do a lil comparo if u wanna call it that, sooo everbody knows theres tons of .380 outhere this is my list as far as best to least best most of them ive shot and or owned tell me what u guys think:

1st place....  the kel-tec p3at, i mean really? And of course guys this is just my two cents but how can it not be number one, its the lightest, flatest, cheapest, reliable .380 in the market, yes i know kicks and hurts like a mule but i dont know bout you but if am gonna go to the range and do more than a box of expensive .380 i rathaer shoot more 9mm or a box of comparatively priced .40 or maybe .45 right?

2nd best... ruger lcp, i mean am not biased or just cuz i bought something is good no no if it sucks i will tell u if its good i will also tell you, now me personally i had it as my ccw for aroind 6 months loved till it stsrting jamming and wigging out why who knows but if a gun jams wit me its out of there right guys? But when it did work it was a great lil pistol i almost didnt put as my 2nd best but i knew rhat my fellow r9'rs would prolly wonder wat i was thinking lol. Anyways wat i liked bout it was once again size weight and this case looks cuz yea it is a nice looking gun, i mean how can it not b 2nd place its a copy of keltec! Ok enough on that one.

3rd place.:.... diamondback .380, ok so am sure some of my fellow r9'rs dont agree wit me on this one but i wil give u me why of this decision, first of its lil heavier lil bigger than the top two up there its very comfy and in my experience very reliable this is one of the guns i hadnt owend but shot alot thru friends etc.. i like that lil thing and like i say its just a tad heavier bigger etc and i point this out because this are ppcket guns so size and weight are the number priority well and reliability of cpurse, so thats my two cents on that lil bugger.

4rd place..... smith and wesson bodyguard, once again this is one gun i have not owend but shot extensevely, very comfy very zccurate good sights not to mention the laser which is a great gimmick but if u actually had to use them in real self defense situation and remembered to turn them on would prolly end the situation right there and then evrrybody knows wat a red dot means when ppinted at you right? Theres a reason y its a felony to point a red laser to anyone.  But like i was saying this is a very nice gun and in my humble opinion worthy of 4rd place.

5th place....sig p238  ok guys so i am a sig fan love sig but like i said if something sucks or just doesnt fit the philosophy of use i will tell u and this is one of thosd cases these are the reasons why i like it and why i got rid of it to fund my r9, soo wat i like, its a sig!!! Gotta love that stupid reliable very nice, easy to shoot, u can shoot 100 150 shots withought hurting ur hand, feels good in the hand, no plastic beautiful looking, great sights, very well made. Now the dislikes, ok first off its heavy and i dont mean just kinda of heavy i mean along the lines of a pm9 heavy i think it was 15 oz that is tooo heavy! That the biggest downfall, now the controls the safety lock sticks out way to much, if i havent mentioned i carry my guns iwb, and this one by far the most uncomfortable the safety lever kept poking my manly love handles lol but it bugged me so much i couldnt believe it, anyways bottom line is if am gonna carry something this heavy i rather carry something in the 9mm class which are going to b about the same weight and of course u have a 9mm not a .380, so to say the least the p238 was a let down and to b honest i think the p290 is gonna b the same i mean 20oz u got to be kidding me!!  

Well guys thats my list i could add more info and get more technical but just wantex to make it entertaining i do wanna mention that excusd my spellling its not that i dont know how to spell its that am typing on a real smal keyboard on my phone, small keyboard and big thumb dont mix very well lol.  But let me know ur guys thoughts and opinion and throw yr lists in there.  Take care allllll

ccoorreeyy

Re: 1st 2nd 3rd 4th..........
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 11:38:43 PM »
Looks like you blew that list.  ;D   You forgot the best 380's out there.

1) Seecamp 380
2) Rohrbaugh 380
3) Kahr P380

4) why?

Offline jhmedrano

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 11:49:44 PM »
Welll first off i have no experience wit them and never shot them but i have seen the specs and the seacamp and rohrbaugh are stil to heavy and wayy pricier than my number one aNd two.  For me pricier and heavier dont make it a number one or two, now if ur taking bout coolnes and workmanship then yess they blow keltec qnd ruger off the water but at 11 ounces or so for the seacamp and 13 oz for the rohrbaugh thats way heavy for a .380 in that case i would just take the r9. Right?

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 09:19:50 AM »
Welll first off i have no experience wit them and never shot them

Untill your ready for the "pricier" part don't touch a Seecamp.  Once you use one your hooked!  Its tiny and SO easy to have on you.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2011, 09:57:31 AM »
You can't put a price on your life, a carry gun is a tool and like any tool for any job you buy the best. ;D
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2011, 10:04:27 AM »
Out of your list, I would put the LCP first. I had two of them an had only good luck. I then replaced them with my R9.

I would not concider purchasing another KEL TEC. I owned three P32s and two P3ATs.

All three P32 went back to the factory in order to get the to run properly. One of them had to go back twice.

One P3AT had to go back to the factory for an extractor problem, the other one was OK.  I have not had a good experience with the KEL TEC products.

Once I purchased my first Rohrbaugh R9S, I have had a excellent experience. I have sold off all of my other pocket pistols. I now own two custom Cogan R9s and have a Farmingdale on the way. I can say this you get what you pay for. For me the R9 is the perfect pocket pistol. The R9 offers a perfect balance of size/weight, firepower and functionality. Others may have a different opinion. This is just mine.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2011, 10:12:15 AM »
Get a Seecamp and it could be addictive; like R9's.  Doesn't work that way with everyone, but, hey, I like em'!    ;D
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline dano

• Expert
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2011, 11:24:26 AM »
You may want to rethink your "1st place....  the kel-tec p3at".  I have two (2) of the Kel-Tec P3AT's and both have been sent back to the factory in Florida. It seems that the Kel-Tec's are prone to have internal parts fly out of them for no reason. The factory repair turn around is slow at best. Make sure you have something else to carry or you will be without for some time.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. Edmund Burke

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2011, 12:22:13 PM »
I have always admired the LWS380, just never got around to getting one. Oh well maby someday. For now the R9 fills that void. I will be looking for a good used R9 mid to late summer.

I agree with Dano. KEL TEC is not my weapon of choice. I guess you can always throw it if does not go bang? :o
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 09:12:39 AM by Z »

Offline jhmedrano

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2011, 03:15:10 PM »
Wow guys welk i must say am pretty surprised of how many ppl had problems wit their keltecs, i must say i never had problems with their p3ar or pf9 they have always been reliable not like the ruger in my case, now guys my list consist on price, size, and weight yes i hear seacamps are beautiful guns but once agsin for me the fact thats double the price than a keltec or maybe even a ruger and its heavier! Just never convinced me to buy one.  Thats all am trying to say i font mind the price of a pistol remember am a sig fan i have sig i know that a glock can prolly due the same as the sig for lesd money so its not the money that held me back from the seacamps its just the weight, ive always prefered my ccw guns light as light as possible and if the deacamp wer as light as a keltec even if costs 1200 like an r9 i would have one in.my collection.  Sooooo  guys i hope i made it clear as to exactly why i made my choices as for ppl not having luck wit keltec products well that plain ducks there great guns and i be willing to put my life on the line with one.  Love thid forum u guys rock!!

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2011, 01:32:10 PM »
Somewhere in there with the Rohrbaugh and Seecamp .380s I have to put this "tricked out" NAA Guardian .380, if only because it was my carry piece before the R9 came along. It's built like a tank, can be field stripped and cleaned in the dark, and is just basically indestructible.  

(BLING alert, Brenden. 8) )

(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2011, 02:03:26 PM »
Richard.  One high BLING Guardian.  Excellent!    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2011, 03:48:12 PM »
Wow you could blind someone with that.

Nice looking NAA.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2011, 04:35:43 PM »
WOW, we need the shades on for that one.
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2011, 04:37:54 PM »
All that shine has some practical uses, such as serving as a mirror for shaving in the field and reflective signaling in the bush.   ;)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 04:38:42 PM by Richard_S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"