Author Topic: To carry or not to carry, that is the question.  (Read 8243 times)

Offline tattoo

• Master
Re: To carry or not to carry, that is the question.
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2016, 05:53:59 PM »
6+1

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2016, 08:03:22 PM »
The only case that I have heard of downloading a magazine was with the British SAS when they carried the Browning High Power. They insisted on it with that otherwise outstanding pistol.

Offline MICHPATRIOT

• Expert
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2016, 08:30:22 PM »
 I use a light film of TW25 grease on the section of the slide that contacts the rounds in the mag and the ramp that strips the rounds from the mag. The grease in a very thin film does not enter the rounds like oil might, and smooths out the action as the slide is racked over the rounds. I've been doing this as long as I can remember on many pistols.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2016, 09:03:56 PM »
First off. . . . Welcome to the forum Anti. Secondly ~ Carry the damn thing with 6+1. . . . . That's how I carry mine when I carry it. Carry a lot ~ Shoot a little is the name of the game with a Rohrbaugh R9 Series Pistol. . . . . . . Enjoy it and once again ~ Welcome to the forum. You are in good company here.

Regards,

Eric C. Rohrbaugh
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline Griff

• Expert
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2016, 07:36:06 PM »
I carry 7+1.

Seven rounds in the gun plus an extra magazine in my offside pocket.😇👌
‘Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive...those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.‘
- C. S. Lewis

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2016, 11:17:36 PM »
Why not?

Offline Anti

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2016, 11:03:07 PM »
Thank you all for the responses! You've made me feel much more confident with this fine little piece in my pocket and my pockets have never been happier.

And to Eric Rohrbaugh, thanks so much for the kind welcoming words and thank you even more for being part of the production of the finest handgun I've ever owned and for continuing to support and offer advice to those who own them!

Offline mz368

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2016, 07:04:14 AM »
+1    Well said.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2016, 11:14:32 AM »
You guys are all welcome. I try to do my best for the name and family crest.  ;-)
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.