Author Topic: Very Happy with Rohrbaugh  (Read 9379 times)

Offline ken

Very Happy with Rohrbaugh
« on: November 12, 2005, 02:15:54 AM »
Kudos to all the team at Rohrbaugh! I really love mine. I was carrying the Kel-Tec P32. My wife and I each have one of the 32s but they are both at the factory in Coco, FL for repair. Very UNDEPENDABLE weapon. The R9 on the other hand is a dream to shoot and feel and clean and just to be around for its great quality. I carry it all day, every day in a DeSantis Nemesis (that the 32 was in) with Pachmayr #4 slip on grip. This works very, very well! Takes a little time to get broke in so the R9 is loose enough to draw well. Keep in mind I carry it this way doing all kinds of physical labor, squatting, bending, climbing, etc. and in short and long pants. The old cliché is true: you get what you pay for! Of course a $250 gun can’t compare to a $900 gun, but what is your life (or someone else’s) worth? If I have to pull it out and use it I want it to do the job, and not have trigger linkage breaking or extractor problems. I use the Speer Gold Dot 115 gr hollow point and not a problem. If someone can take 5 or 6 of these at pocket pistol range and still do you harm, we need a Superman movie. No need for any special tools to take down, just hold it like the enclosed instructions and push the pin out with the punch. Very simple and very “neat”.
Ken
 ;D

Offline TW

• Grand Master
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2005, 06:41:42 AM »
>>Hi Ken...

Nice to meet you and welcome.  Out of curiosity - do you have a pic you can share of your R9 with the Pachmayr rubber grip attached...?

I've been experimenting with Marine deck tape on the front and rear straps of my R9...but I have a problem keeping the stuff on - tends to peel.

Thanks...!...TW<<

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
Re: Very Happy with Rohrbaugh
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2005, 07:43:34 AM »
Ken,

Welcome to the forum.  Glad you are enjoying the R9.

I replaced my P3AT with the R9S and have been very pleased with the result.

Bill

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2005, 01:53:04 PM »
Ken:

Welcome to the Forum, and congratulations on your new R9.  A lot of good and knowledgeable people congregate here.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2005, 01:53:27 PM by Richard_S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2005, 05:15:16 PM »
Ken, welcome to the forum, enjoyed your report. Sounds very good.
Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2005, 05:24:49 PM »
Ken,

Would you please post pictures of the Pachmayr #4 slip-on grip installed on your R9S?

TW also was interested.

Some of us have been using abrasive tape on the grip, and it greatly improves control and felt recoil.  Your approach sounds like a very worthwhile option.

Thanks,

Bill

Offline MountainMan

• Grand Master
  • MountainMan Dave
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2005, 07:03:04 PM »
Wecome Ken
I have a Kel-tec P32 and never could get it to shoot a full mag without jaming - after a week I  just threw it in the draw and never sent it back or looked at it since -that was four years ago.

If your wife wants to stay with a 32 instead of going to a R9 get her a Seecamp LWS 32 - Tom Watson (theirishguard) on the forum can help you get one for her if interested.

Glad the R9 is working well for you.  
Dave

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away..."

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2005, 07:14:16 PM »
Ken - welcome to the ''addicts fold''! :)
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline LCP

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2005, 09:01:26 PM »
Ken, welcome to the forum.
I had been thinking about the slip on  grip you use because l like it on my glocks. However, I have not wanted to cover up those carbon fiber grips on my R9. I guess I should give it some additional thought.

Offline ken

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2005, 03:45:14 AM »
I would be glad to post some pics if someone would tell me how to do it. Read all the help information and could not find anything about posting pictures. What resolution would be best?
Ken

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2005, 09:39:17 AM »
Ken,

Here is a typical sequence used on my older digital camera.

Take pictures.
Remove memory card from camera.
Insert memory card into card reader which is attached to computer.
Move pictures from memory card to computer folder.
Log on to your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
Go to the area where you manage your web space on their system, and use their facilities to upload your picture to the web space.
When you post your picture, the reference will look something like the example below.  You must remove the four * in the line .   They are here so you will not see the actual picture when you read this.

onlinestorage is the name of my directory.  You will have a different name, maybe.  The file name of my picture was burmashave.JPG

[*img*]http://home.comcast.net/~MichigunnerII/onlinestorage/burmashave.JPG[*/img*]

« Last Edit: November 13, 2005, 10:14:20 AM by Michigunner »

Offline ken

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2005, 01:10:20 PM »
http://ksnow9.photosite.com/Rohrbaugh/IMG_0771.html
http://ksnow9.photosite.com/Rohrbaugh/IMG_0774.html

Pictures of my R9s
Hope this works friends.
Ken

ps. sure seems like a lot of work to get a picture here. Why can't we just copy and paste one, just like this message!

Offline ken

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2005, 01:26:31 PM »
Oh and thanks for the help Michigunner. A question to all. This has always puzzled me. Have you ever wondered why so many firearms manufacturers (and related industries) are located in states where the people are sooo liberal and anti-gun. Seems like they would move to states that are pro-gun Second Amendment, where the people of those states would welcome them. Just one example is our favorite topic on this forum. If  I was going to build a new factory, N Y with all its high powered anti-gun Senators would be the last place I would do it. Those Senators don’t appreciated or deserve what the Rohrbaughs have done for their state or the economy.
Ken in Florida

Offline TW

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2005, 02:00:44 PM »
>>Ken...

Thanks for the pics of your R9 with the Rubber Pachmayr #4 Grip.  Although I love the standard black carbon fiber grips from the factory...I think the Pachmayr looks great...!  And you can still see/appreciate the carbon fiber...!!  More important...the rubber add on looks very effective.

Next question...where did you get your Pachmayr grips...?...TW<<

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2005, 02:37:18 PM »
early this year the so called "city and state fathers" of CT and Mass, asked several gun companies to help them in their effort to bring back an industrial base in their area. And to back a museum.
The gun folks that I talked to said to them: you have been trying to put us out of business for the last 30 years so you can put it you know where!
AZ, NM, and TX are all good states for the gun industry.
Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus