Author Topic: New Guy checking in...  (Read 5584 times)

Offline Tim B

New Guy checking in...
« on: October 08, 2010, 06:59:13 AM »
Hello everyone,

I joined a week or so ago and I've read a lot but have neglected to introduce myself.

Long time gun carrier here. I tried the .380 thing years ago, PPK/S, Sig P230,  spent a lot of money with Scott, McDougall and Associates on Colt Mustangs and Ponies. Loved the guns, never felt comfortable with the cartridge and always ended up falling back on the J-frame .38 as a minimum.

I tried the small Kahrs and while they come close to being ideal, I still wanted something better...

I finally got sick and tired of checking out the Rohrbaugh booth at the SHOT Show every year and always bringing home a brochure, but never ordering one.

Just this week I ordered a R9S Stealth from Tom Watson and I am eagerly awaiting its arrival.  I have already ordered holsters and a half case of 115 grain Gold Dots.  I called Maria yesterday afternoon and ordered a few more items, including a handful of spare recoil springs and some checkered grips.  Maria was very pleasant on the phone and even saved me a few bucks on shipping because my gun was still at the factory and she said she'd just pack my parts order up in the same shipment when she sent my pistol to Tom.  Even said the Guys would go ahead and install my grips for me.  Very nice :-)

Anyway, I've enjoyed reading this forum and I look forward to participating if you'll have me.

Thanks,

-Tim
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 08:50:06 AM by timb92020 »

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
Re: New Guy checking in...
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 08:36:21 AM »
Tim,
    Welcome to the group. I know you will enjoy the new pup and the wealth of information from the great members on here.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 08:46:06 AM »
 Tim.  Good for you.  Welcome to the Forum and congratulations on ordering the Rohrbaugh Stealth from Tom Watson.  He's a class act, for sure; and as you've found out Maria and the Rohrbaugh Team are great to work with as well.

We look forward to your participating here on the Forum and again, welcome; join in anytime.  
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 08:52:22 AM »
Tim:

Welcome to the Forum, and congratulations on selecting the R9. You have also discovered the secret behind Rohrbaugh's growing reputation for having the best customer service in the industry -- Maria.

And by the way . . . photographs and range reports are encouraged around here.  8)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2010, 10:47:15 AM »
      Tim, welcome aboard. I think (and hope) you'll like it here. You've found Tom Watson and Maria, so any problems should be well handled. Post often, give us a range report, and enjoy yourself.      Gene
birdman

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2010, 10:49:58 AM »
Tim, welcome to the forum, enjoy it and the black pup. thanks very much for your business. Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2010, 03:22:45 PM »
And a warm welcome from me as well Tim.  Enjoy the new one.

The search is over.  :D
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline Tim B

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2010, 05:31:41 PM »
Thank you all very much for the warm welcome.

This morning I ordered magazine extensions and a take-down tool from Yankee2500. (Thanks John for making these available!)

I think I'm all set except for the waiting part :-)

-Tim

Offline cooperr1234

• Expert
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2010, 07:32:21 PM »
Tim, welcome....

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2010, 08:20:51 PM »
Tim, one more thing you may want to watch for.  Some folks that get one R9 have to get another, and then another.  As I've said before, this only affects a few, however, it does happen.    :D
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 08:27:40 PM by kjtrains »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Tim B

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2010, 08:43:33 PM »
Tim, one more thing you may want to watch for.  Some folks that get one R9 have to get another, and then another.  As I've said before, this only affects a few, however, it does happen.    :D

I suspected as much and sent Tom an e-mail asking him to keep my dealer's FFL on file in anticipation of just such an emergency :-)

-Tim

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2010, 09:04:31 PM »
You are definitely thinking ahead!  Excellent!    :)