Rohrbaugh Products and Accessories > Rohrbaugh Wish List

R45 Delays = New Ideas?

(1/3) > >>

Wildcat1:
   I am an ardent R9 user and look forward to the R45 and I've spoken personally to Karl about it on several occasions.
The idea of a "more capable" round than the 9mm standard pressure [R9] is always running through my mind and
thus the thought of a R45 in .45 ACP sounds ideal.  Many members have already posted about the intrinsic difficulties
of getting a compact, let alone a "micro", .45 to feed/cycle/eject reliably.  So, that makes me wonder about other "R9's":

Member reactions please to:

The R38 in .38 Super?
The R40 in .40 S&W?
The R357 in .357 SiG?

Hey, it's a Forum, just getting reactions to any or all of these ideas.  Any one may be easier for Karl to make.

Reinz:
Hey welcome to the forum Wildcat.

Just as few thoughts off the top of my head.  First of all, I like the idea of the calibers, and think that they would sell for sure.

However, I can see how they can be more headaches for the factory.

If you add the 9mm in to mix, it is the softest recoiling caliber of the bunch. Right now a lot of folks are really having a lot of feeding and ejecting issues due to the inability to stabilize the pistol correctly.  Many blame the gun and send it back to the factory for a check up.

Now add a 40 cal which is snappier than a 45.  How many more folks are going to have issues, even those experienced with the R9s?  Big difference between a 9mm and 40 in the recoil department.    Now, the 357 Sig, not quite as bad, but more so than a 9mm.

Now, a 38 Super, which I LOVE!  Those semi-rims can really pose feeding problems.  Add a short cyclic recoil system, may spell trouble?

Summary

From a marketing side - yes!

From manufacturing/customer service- no!

That's my view from the saddle

Richard S:
Wildcat:

Welcome to the Forum!

I think Reinz has hit the "10 ring" with his analysis.

kjtrains:
Wildcat.  Indeed, welcome to the Forum and what Reinz, a very knowledgeable "multi-gun" owner, said.   

Aglifter:
The R45 isn't THAT small - so something like a 38 super comp, or a 9x23 win might work - 38 super can work fine - my open gun is a 38 super, and I haven't had any jams in...  Well, at least 8K rounds. 

I do like how it is a ballistic twin of 357 sig, but pushes like a very mild 45. 

But, the R bros have to make money - and that will, probably, be easier w. a 45. 

9x23 is a great caliber - probably the best choice going for competition guns, certainly a better choice than 357 sig in any platform which can handle a cartridge w. the 9x23's OAL. 

But, it didn't really catch on. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version