Author Topic: Selling on Gunbroker - The First Rohrbaugh R9 Sold To The Public! - # 102  (Read 17641 times)

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
Eric: I'm confused. How can #6336 be the last one made...I own #6410 & # 6443?
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
 Many times Norm,  we would send frames out for special treating and the regular frames would still be made and go out the door. The question was, what was the list gun MADE.  The last R9 made was R6336. That is because that frame was sent out to a vendor for a special coating treatment which I kept to the side for a while. Once we were selling the company to Remington, I needed  a gun for myself, so I made it out of the remaining frames and parts that I had at the shop, so R6336 is truly "The Last Rohrbaugh" made. Those high number guns that you have are truly some of the last sequential number frames to go out the door.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 06:57:22 PM by ECR »
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
Do you know what the last sequential #s were?
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
 Unfortunately no…… All of that information went to Remington and I kick myself in the tail for not printing out some copies of that stuff so I could have that information available for us here. There is one shot I may have…… I just found one of my old computers and I'm firing it up in the next few days to see if any of that information may still be on it. If it is, that will give us some better history of what number frame was manufactured on what date. Let's hope it's in this computer!
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
R6336

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
R6336

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
R6336

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
R6336

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
R6336

Offline tattoo

• Master
6678 last number. 

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
That seems about right. "Somewhere out there" tat. Ha haa....

Offline mz368

• Sharpshooter
6336 would seem to be very special - with an R9s slide.  I presume it's Farmingdale marked.  Sweet!

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
6336 would seem to be very special - with an R9s slide.  I presume it's Farmingdale marked.  Sweet!

I noticed that is wall. A classy way to end the run - with something from the early days...
Currently looking for Elite Premium RP 1 of 16. Please PM 
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline offrdmania

• Expert
  • Desperately Needs Treatment
Selling on Gunbroker - The First Rohrbaugh R9 Sold To The Public! - # 102
« Reply #58 on: July 26, 2017, 08:39:18 AM »
It must be a sister to the slide that Eric sent me. An R9s marked Farmingdale slide

« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 08:42:07 AM by offrdmania »

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
One interesting thing about 102 is the hyphen in the "R9-s" on the slide. Something that even 101 does not have or any of the other pre-R serialized guns for that matter. I thought about throwing my hat in the ring but $5k is a lot of money to pay for a hyphen  :)
Currently looking for Elite Premium RP 1 of 16. Please PM 
NRA LIFE MEMBER.