Author Topic: Roguard satin finish--thoughts/opinions?  (Read 2484 times)

Offline Covert23

• Sharpshooter
Roguard satin finish--thoughts/opinions?
« on: September 17, 2016, 02:28:56 PM »
 Thinking about sending my pup to Robar to have roguard applied. I had my last pup done in NP3 and wanted to switch it up this time.  Thing is, the one I sent to Robar was a regular, later black frame.  The one I have now however is a gray frame, Deer Park in italic font with SN 561 (a farmie sent back to factory due to a flawed batch of bar stock).  On the other hand, I may try and find another regular 2-tone and send that in for refinishing instead. Thoughts?  Thanks for looking. Jim

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
Re: Roguard satin finish--thoughts/opinions?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 12:19:02 PM »
Hello Jim,

My 2 cents:  As a collector, I would leave the stock R561 alone and try to acquire another "Standard" to play with coatings on with Robbie Barkmann. He does very good work at his company Robar. One of the things I do miss from not being in the firearms business any longer is the interaction with all of the good people in that industry. Those memories I will always cherish. ;-)

Regards,

Eric C. Rohrbaugh
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline Covert23

• Sharpshooter
Re: Roguard satin finish--thoughts/opinions?
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 11:40:15 PM »
Kinda what I was thinking too Eric. Thank you for your opinion and recommendations!  Take care, Jim