Miscellaneous > Classifieds -- For Buying or Selling

Karl and Eric's R9 Robar/Rohrbaugh Pistols for Sale

(1/4) > >>

AmmonsArms:
There are a few Rohrbaugh R9's that are really special. I have two historically significant R9's up for sale. It is very hard to put a value on these guns. I am asking $10,000 for the pair. Both guns are in like new condition.

Here is the story behind these two handguns:

In 2009 the Robar/Rohrbaugh R9 Pistols were created. The first Robar/Rohrbaugh R9 Pistol had the Serial Number R3000. This pistol was given away in the March/April 2009 issue of Handgunner Magazine. Karl owned the second Robar/Rohrbaugh R9 Pistol (Serial Number R3001), which was featured on the cover of the company catalog. Eric owned the third Robar/Rohrbaugh R9 Pistol (Serial Number R3002).

Eric wrote me a letter in July of 2013 explaining all of the above. He also wrote that his gun had received some special attention. It had been hand fitted, small parts were hand sanded and polished by a jeweler.

I bought Eric’s gun (R3002) first. A few months later, Eric helped me acquire Karl’s gun (R3001).

Items included in this sale:

* Karl Rohrbaugh's R9 Robar/Robaugh Pistol - Serial Number R3001 - in factory hard case

* Eric Rohrbaugh's R9 Robar/Robaugh Pistol - Serial Number R3002 - in factory hard case

* The (July 2013) personal letter from Eric Rohrbaugh on company letterhead

* Karl Rohrbaugh signed copy of the March/April Handgunner magazine featuring the new Robar/Rohrbaugh R9 pistol

* Rohrbaugh Company literature featuring the Robar/Rohrbaugh R9 with serial number R3001 plainly visible
I hope someone here on the forum will be excited by this offering.

PhilZ:
Sounds like a great set. Do you have pictures you can post? You might sell faster if you break apart the set.

backupr9:
Provenance plus consecutive numbers????  IMO keep it together!

ECR:
Ah yes, I recall this long ago. Very nice collection and documentation for the First Robar/Rohrbaugh Pistols.
We really enjoyed developing that line. They were realy quite special, especially working personally with Robbie Barrkman on the finishes. The best of the best for every part on those pistols.
I hope they go to someone who can understand what they represent in small handgun history.

"The World's Smallest and Lightest 9mm Pistol"

At that time, we were the only game in town. Many followed. . . . . . .

Good Luck with your sale.

AmmonsArms:
Here are pictures of the pistols. Karl's is Serial Number R3001 and Eric's is R3002.

They belong together.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version