Author Topic: Gemini Customs Ruger SP101  (Read 6578 times)

Offline Aglifter

• Grand Master
  • Thanks and Gig 'em
Gemini Customs Ruger SP101
« on: February 26, 2011, 03:40:04 PM »
I can't find the original ad, but years ago, I bought a 3" SP101 in 357 from DD that Gemini Customs had built.

It has a front night sight, bobbed hammer, polished trigger, and takes moonclips.  It includes have a left handed, FIST kydex holster for it, and a right handed SOB Galco holster for it.  It includes one of those "screwdriver" moonclip strippers from Brownells.  From Gemini, it came w. a very light mainspring, but I put the heaviest mainspring I could find in it - it was a carry gun, and I don't like light mainsprings in my carry revolvers.  

It has a scuff on the bottom of the badger "walnut" boot grips.  (Badger grips are actually laminated wood.)

I haven't shot it, or carried it, much - and I'm thinking about a new open gun, so...  

If the original post is up somewhere, it'd be helpful, since I only have a cell phone for a camera.  

I paid $700 for it, I'll sell it for $700 shipped, since I'm including the holsters, and whatever tools, etc I can find for it.  Shipped from my FFL to yours - if you want, you can buy it from my FFL for the same price.  (And you can use a credit card for +3%)  
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: Gemini Customs Ruger SP101
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 04:35:38 PM »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Aglifter

• Grand Master
  • Thanks and Gig 'em
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 04:46:46 PM »
Yup, that's the one.  Thank you for finding it.  The box is now in the mythical "somewhere".  In that, I have it, and "someday", I'll send it to whomever buys it, but I won't promise when "someday" might be...
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline Aglifter

• Grand Master
  • Thanks and Gig 'em
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 12:25:50 AM »

Pic added, I think.  I did remove the varnish finish, and put on an oiled one.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 12:21:08 PM »
Aglifter:

Your photo didn't show up, so I took the liberty of "breaking the code":   8)

(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Aglifter

• Grand Master
  • Thanks and Gig 'em
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2011, 02:16:19 PM »
It's now at Tip Burns shop in Canyon Lake, TX.  I believe his shop's name is "Canyon Lake Shooting Sports"

His number is: 830.935.3338

I found  Hoffener's Holster, and a Fist Holster that goes w. it, as well as the moonclips.  Somewhere, there's a Galco SOB holster for it, but I don't know where.  

If anyone wants, I'd be willing to trade for a P7 PSP, or a pup, (obviously w. cash for the pup, maybe some toward a P7, depending on how it is.)

Offline lawdog

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2011, 04:42:16 PM »
I'm interested. Can you give me a call?  678-358-2564.

Offline lawdog

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2011, 10:41:49 PM »
Aglifter, I purchased this gun from your FFL on Monday. I look forward to shooting it. If you ever find the case this gun originally came in, I would be happy to pay to have it shipped. Please just let me know if it turns up. Thanks very much.

Offline Aglifter

• Grand Master
  • Thanks and Gig 'em
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2011, 12:30:43 AM »
OK, I'm sure you'll be happy w. it.  

Offline Chief-USN

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2011, 09:56:35 AM »
 Hmmm, totally differant subject but,  I notice the original thread was over 6 years old. I run a Network for a rather large company and if I had 6 year old data hanging out in an Internet chat area I would have a Cow !  That would be some expensive storage I tend to limit my users to 2-3 years then it is cleanup time. You have some very generous administrators here.  ;D
  How much space does this forum use?

Chief
Allen
Retired Navy (1969-1992)
Viet Nam Vet
Desert Storm Vet
Lifetime NRA Member

Veteran " Freedom isn't free, I Paid for it"