Author Topic: Selling my R9s Stealth?  (Read 9405 times)

Offline docboss

• Sharpshooter
Selling my R9s Stealth?
« on: August 07, 2018, 05:58:21 PM »
Contemplating selling my R9s. I may put it on the forum. How is the transaction, especially payment generally arranged? Of course, I could always do it via Gunbroker, but my first choice may be to offer it to someone on the forum who "appreciates" this unusual firearm. Thanks, Doc

Offline thewalk

• Sharpshooter
Re: Selling my R9s Stealth?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 06:32:34 PM »
This is the place for Rohrbaugh appreciation. Put it here first! Thanks Doc.  8)

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 07:33:34 PM »
Agreed
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2018, 08:06:16 PM »
Contemplating selling my R9s. I may put it on the forum. How is the transaction, especially payment generally arranged? Of course, I could always do it via Gunbroker, but my first choice may be to offer it to someone on the forum who "appreciates" this unusual firearm. Thanks, Doc

Some payment options are personal check, US Postal money orders, or online like PayPal.  Online is the quickest and most convenient.  PayPal has a no fee option to send funds to friends/family.  To get the PayPal purchase protection, you need to use the Goods/Services option that has a fee.  PayPal doesn't like firearm transactions, so you have to be vague on the item description and the purchase protection would not be valid for a firearm.  Money order would be the next safest, but least convenient because you have to buy and mail it.  Personal check is probably the least safe, but if you trust the person, it's more convenient than having to go out and wait in line for a money order. 

Shipping is usually done FFL to FFL, so you would need to box it up and take it to your local shop.  Fees vary, but expect to pay for priority or overnight shipping. 

I hope this helps.  Phil

Offline docboss

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2018, 09:37:13 AM »
Thanks. I guess the key is finding someone you trust with a personal check, and someone who trusts you with a money order or PayPal. I will probably put the firearm plus the packaging and other "stuff" together today. It is pretty clear what the current prices are based on previous posts and GunBrocker. Regards, Doc.

Online MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2018, 11:01:58 AM »
It is not uncommon for sellers to hold on to the item until the personal check clears.  It might take a few extra days, but some don't mind when using checks.

You can also ship the firearm yourself.  UPS hubs take firearms from individuals being mailed to a FFL.  Your local store front can tell you where it is or look it up online.
(Don't get UPS (brown truck guys) mixed up with the United States Postal Service, USPS does not take handguns.)

I always ask for a copy of the receiving dealers FFL be emailed to me.  Then I use https://fflezcheck.atf.gov/fflezcheck/ to make sure they are legitimate.

However, your local gun shop or other FFL may be able to get you a better or comparable deal to ship.  It is definitely worth a few minutes to call and check.

You can find a list of FFLs in your area by using one of the search engines designed for that.
https://www.gunbroker.com/ffl/searchforffl.aspx
https://grabagun.com/ffl-locator

This link might also help if you decide to ship yourself.

https://www.ups.com/us/en/help-center/packaging-and-supplies/special-care-shipments/firearms.page

If you do some basic research ahead of time, you can get in close proximity to the actual shipping cost and add that extra fee as a condition for sale.

i.e. Sale price + $20 shipping.

Good luck with your sale.

Offline docboss

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2018, 12:28:30 PM »
Ok guys, per an earlier post, I am putting it here first. My R9s Stealth is officially on sale. #6319. Box, firearm, two magazines, lock, four new springs, instructions, Wiha screwdriver and Galco IWB holster. Firearm purchased from Cove Creek Outfitters. Cost $1199 new in 2012. Will sell for $1000 and I'll pay for shipping from my to your FFL. Please send requests for images (loading them here from my new Mac is beyond me at this time) to kevinedward302@yahoo.com. Thanks for everyone's help. Regards, Doc

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2018, 01:50:26 PM »
Ok guys, per an earlier post, I am putting it here first. My R9s Stealth is officially on sale. #6319. Box, firearm, two magazines, lock, four new springs, instructions, Wiha screwdriver and Galco IWB holster. Firearm purchased from Cove Creek Outfitters. Cost $1199 new in 2012. Will sell for $1000 and I'll pay for shipping from my to your FFL. Please send requests for images (loading them here from my new Mac is beyond me at this time) to kevinedward302@yahoo.com. Thanks for everyone's help. Regards, Doc

You may want to give your city and state if you are willing to do a face to face sale as well.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline docboss

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2018, 06:14:59 PM »
 Firearm is located in Saint Louis, Missouri. If anyone want to view it let me know. We could meet at a local gunshop.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2018, 08:36:05 AM »
Nice. R6319 is near the end of our run. That has all updates and the barrels were made by Stormlake, which was also purchased by Remington about the same time Remington purchased our company. Good stuff there guys.
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline docboss

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2018, 10:35:20 AM »
Anyone need images? I see a similar firearm did not sell for $900+shipping on Gunbroker and is now resisted.

Offline docboss

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2018, 10:36:45 AM »
Image of the package. Thanks, Doc

Offline 72AV8R

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2018, 08:28:57 PM »
Out of curiosity Eric, what serial number began the final updates? I have Stealth #57XX. Does it fall in that group?

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2018, 10:14:16 PM »
Yes, By R57** we had all updates in place. Exactly what S.N. we started at I could not positively say right now without records, but it is safe to say yes for your R9. I would say that we had all revisions in place somewhere around the R5300 s.n. or so. That is a guesstimate.

Eric R.

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2018, 10:48:15 PM »
Out of curiosity Eric, what serial number began the final updates? I have Stealth #57XX. Does it fall in that group?

I'd have to verify with ECR, but I believe the final update was noted by the decimal points in U.S.A. on the slide.  If you have the decimal points, you have the final updates.  If I had to guess, I think it was early 4K.   Phil