Author Topic: R9 Front & Back Strap Checkering, Barrel Porting, Site Modification  (Read 24781 times)

Offline socialwork911

Re: R9 Front & Back Strap Checkering, Barrel Porting, Site Modification
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2012, 02:52:41 PM »
MRC,
thanks, will do..thanks for his web site

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2012, 07:34:28 PM »
Thank you "Z" is it necessary to hard Chrome it?
Can the PUP remain a virgin, you know, unmolested
finish wise? I think I would prefer some other type
of finish if having it (re)finished is necessary.
I have carried a standard finish for eight years...looks like new ;)
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified instructor: Pistol,Rifle,Shotgun ,Muzzleloading-Pistol-Rifle-Shotgun,Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside The home,Home Firearm Safety

Offline billib

• Expert
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2012, 05:51:58 PM »
Thanks Jack, I'm not against re-finishing the PUP.
I simply like it the way it is now.

Offline smokemup

• NC Corvettes
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2012, 10:39:50 AM »
Can you describe the shooting effects a bit more? How is the flash and especially the extra noise with porting? I'm really interested in this and had contacted Magnaport. I asked them if they had done an R9. Here's their reply:

"I don’t see why we couldn’t port this gun.  It looks similar to the Kahr and we do a lot of those.  Send in the complete top half with spring and rod.  Cost is $145 + return shipping and insurance.  Shop time runs about 10 days.  Autoporting usually averages about 15 to 20% less felt recoil, you’ll find the biggest benefit is the reduction in muzzle rise (average about 30 to 50%)."

I like the looks of the Magnaport, but it seems to me that being on top, like yours, would be more effective.

That's my gun that Bob did up for me. In regard to the ports, that's how Bob does them and I have to say, they work great! BIG difference in felt recoil and work much better than Mag-Na-Ported guns that I have. ....
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 10:42:30 AM by smokemup »
I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2012, 03:29:36 PM »
Magnaport did a Detonics 45 for me years ago, which was the original mini 45 from the 70's.  They did a great job and it was very effective at taming recoil.  But very LOUD!
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2012, 11:06:03 PM »
I contacted MagnaPort a couple of years ago and at that time they told me they wouldn't do a Rohrbaugh because the barrel is too thin.
With a 10 day turnaround maybe business is slow enough to rethink ding a Rohrbaugh.  ;D
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson