Author Topic: Karl's Early Serial Number Remington RM380 is For Sale!  (Read 1593 times)

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
Karl's Early Serial Number Remington RM380 is For Sale!
« on: April 24, 2022, 12:18:11 PM »
Hello and a Good Day to you All.

Well, those of you who know about the Remington RM380 Pistol being the Rohrbaugh R9 Design continuation, now you have your chance to pick up a brand new one right here with a fine story behind it. My brother, Karl Rohrbaugh, has decided to sell his early Remington RM380. I told him I loved mine and he responded that he has everything he needs in the other guns he has. Karl said to me that as long as I intended to keep my RM380, so we have our originals and at least one Remington version, he would sell his.
Other than the test firing at Remington and then Karl putting two mags through it, it is new. Never carried or even broken in.
The sale includes all of the paperwork from Remington and the original serial numbered box. There are two magazines, one a flat bottom and the other has the pinky extension. Both mags are six-round capacities. This is the 98th RM380 off the line! Mine is the 99th. I have about 70-90 rounds through mine and it has always functioned flawlessly! I would expect Karl’s to do the same.

$525 all in.

That includes the shipping from our FFL here on Long Island and insurance/tracking for the delivery.

Thank you for looking!

Regards,

Eric C. Rohrbaugh
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
Re: Karl's Early Serial Number Remington RM380 is For Sale!
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2022, 12:28:16 PM »
More photographs. . . . . . .
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2022, 12:31:54 PM »
. . . and some final photograph.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2022, 07:52:46 AM »

That's an interesting piece, for sure.  The closing chapter of the R-9.  Thanks for sharing.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2022, 11:29:44 AM »
Had I not just purchased one, I would have purchased yours.
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2022, 08:03:31 PM »
Sorry Norm. Karl is finicky like that, but you know that anyway!  lol. 

I trust you got a nice example. I love how mine shoots and it has never jammed on me. They actually did a good job of it, unlike that R51 pistol! That was rough early on!

ECR

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2022, 08:14:31 AM »
I was not happy with the trigger on the RM380 & bought the upgraded trigger kit. Check out the attached.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YL4eaRuoIrU&list=RDCMUCW1MvigK0UMxxlM1C3TZ_Sg
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2022, 07:21:42 PM »
Hey Norm,

It looks like a nice update kit. They also have a stainless steel guide rod and a little stronger recoil spring that looks interesting.

Anyway, no takers here for Karl's personal RM380, so I guess I'll try other places now. I try to offer things here first.

Have a great weekend and we'll be around.

Regards,

Eric R.

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2022, 08:24:04 AM »
I bought those too. Cheers!