Author Topic:    (Read 3309 times)

Offline Phsimone

• Master

« on: January 03, 2011, 09:16:00 PM »
Good evening gents, I have received my newest Pup.  I am going to have a few things done to it, and I need some suggestions. I know some of this is personal taste but some of it is for the performance of the pistol. Firstly NP3 or hard chrome? I understand the NP-3 has certain advantages but is not as hard as hard chrome but hard chorme does not have the rust resistance that NP-3 has. To port or not to port? Dyna-port or by whom? Going to polish the trigger and smooth the radius a bit, does the ejector need attention or not. I like the site dots that John had done, I think they are all that are necessary in a gun made for this ones purpose. Polish up the mag release. I know the "Real Robar" had polished the hammer I believe, I think that might distract one from looking down the slide. Definitely checker the front grip, maybe the rear and the front of the trigger guard. I cringe at that number. CZ grips, Oh who should do the work? Who has done this kind of work on a Rohrbaugh before? Anything else, all suggestions, except silly ones are welcome,  what the hell silly is good, we all need a chuckle now and then. Thanks in advance guys and gals or whatever. Who knows what or who is out there in cyberland.  I do feel like I forgot something, like setting a budget and finding a way to pay for it without stirring the ire of the gods.
Thanks, Phil

ccoorreeyy

Re:   
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 09:27:07 PM »
Phil your right, it's all up to you and what you want.  I have had most of the work you mentioned done and I can highly recommend Bob Cogan to do any of the work (except the NP3).  He is THE top notch Rohrbaugh custom gunsmith as far as i'm concerned.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re:   
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 10:02:14 PM »
What Corey said and have seen the one in person that Bob Cogan did for Corey.  Excellent work.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln