Author Topic: Finally puled the trigger and bought an R9s  (Read 3246 times)

Offline pjames32

Finally puled the trigger and bought an R9s
« on: May 13, 2015, 10:24:39 PM »
After 2-3 years of "shopping" I finally pulled the trigger and bought an R9s on Gunbroker. I had hoped to get some input from this forum prior to the purchase, but did not get a reply to my private message. Possibly the one I contacted was the seller or a potential buyer. Oh well!!
Hopefully I bought well and will get a quality Rohrbaugh with no issues.
Once I get it and test fire it I'll probably have a lot of questions.
Thx to this forum for being a good guide to my desire to own a Rohrbaugh 9.
PJ

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
Re: Finally puled the trigger and bought an R9s
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 10:19:51 PM »
Pjames,
Congrats on your purchase...used guns are always iffy, but have mostly worked out well for me.  Take it down, clean it thoroughly, hold it firmly (for practice, a shooting glove is a nice addition to prevent "bite" when multiple rounds are fired.  Allow the pistol to cool as tolerances are tight.  Use premium ammo (Gold Dot 124 or Federal HST seem to be consensus, or Lawman 124  for practice).  Shoot well, shoot often, and welcome to the forum and to the Rohrbaugh experience.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 12:19:15 AM »
Had a chance to fire it yet sir?

Give us a range report please. Hopefully a boring one : )
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Offline pjames32

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2015, 08:07:48 PM »
Picked it up from my FFL and went straight to the range. Gold dot 115gr worked great for 20 rds. "Borrowed" some Blazer brass 115gr from my neighbor. FTE every other round. Gun looks 99% as advertised. Now I need to clean and lube, then go to the range again.
Looks like I got lucky and have a keeper.
PJ

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2015, 10:46:32 PM »
Nice. I will say that it's probably not as much luck as a fine build quality.

Honestly, for the entire year the warranty process was down I think there were only 1 or two of us that had issues awaiting warranty dept to open up and help us out. Not bad IMO
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 10:32:52 PM by JoshA »
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Offline pjames32

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2015, 08:12:42 PM »
Took apart per instructions today and cleaned. Gun shows little use. It was minimally lubed. Cleaned bbl and lightly lubed per instructions. Hope to get back to the range soon.
PJames

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2015, 08:01:31 AM »
Just a word of caution...the "pup" is ammo sensitive.  Blazer ammo is NOT a good choice.  Most here use either Golden Saber, Gold Dots, or Federal HST, the latter two being the most used.  Opinions vary as to whether 115, 124 or 147 is best, but there is some indication that the "best round" is the one that your individual pistol prefers.  Lawman 124 is a good practice round; cheaper than the Gold Dot, but was developed to match the Gold Dot JHP.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis