Author Topic: Cheap guns become expensive  (Read 4915 times)

Offline rodell

Re: Cheap guns become expensive
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2011, 12:25:03 AM »
I had a Colt Mustang that was absolutely worthless.  I loved the feel, but, I couldn't shoot a magazine through it without a jam.  No one could make it right.  I finally traded it off for a PPK/S, which was flawless.

Later, I bought another Colt and it was fine.  You never know.

Only one gun from enough ...

Offline notjustanothermini

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2011, 12:38:33 PM »
interesting, i almost bought a p232 last night for my wife, instead i went with a cz 2075 rami p.

i was still going to buy the sig for the heck of it and to give her a little more carry options.

the comment about the breack face being "milled away" what exactly do you mean?  was it milled away in an attempt to fix the gun, was it done by SIG factory as a repair or is that the way it comes?

either way are you trying to sell it for 300 bucks?
John Mosses Browning= one of the, if not Greatest minds of the 18th,19th and 20th century.

Offline the_skunk

• Expert
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2011, 01:21:50 PM »
interesting, i almost bought a p232 last night for my wife, instead i went with a cz 2075 rami p.

i was still going to buy the sig for the heck of it and to give her a little more carry options.

the comment about the breack face being "milled away" what exactly do you mean?  was it milled away in an attempt to fix the gun, was it done by SIG factory as a repair or is that the way it comes?

either way are you trying to sell it for 300 bucks?

The breech face came that way from the factory  ..... it's the part that holds the empty cartridge until it hits the ejector.

I am not trying to sell it for $300

Offline chameleon

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2011, 08:54:43 AM »
In my lifetime I owned the Sig P230 which was the precursor to the P232, mine was alloy and I bought it for my wife, but the light pistol was a handful for her to shoot accurately, so I carried it for a while until I sold it to a friend, it is still in his collection, since then I purchased two Stainless Steel Sig P232s and I have to say they worked well for me, no problems and I carried them often( I did not own them at the same time), they were my go-to .380 carry gun right up until I received my first Seecamp LWS .380, that made the larger P 232s obsolete for me.
It kind of bothers me that there are problems with the P232 and Sig in general.I've had the greatest respect for the Sig line as quality reliable defense firearms.

Offline the_skunk

• Expert
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2011, 06:14:59 PM »
My gunsmith quoted me $700 to fix my Sig 232. Special tooling, and welding.

Sig Sauer's service dept is useless