Author Topic: Picked up 2 more Colts today  (Read 3191 times)

Offline thor447

• Master
Picked up 2 more Colts today
« on: January 31, 2012, 07:34:54 PM »
I had a really good 'gun day' today and picked up a sweet little 4" Python and a Colt Single Action Army - U.S. Marshal Commemorative (not the bicentennial)  for $1600.   I met with the guy planning on buying the SAA, however I saw that he had the Python and got him to add it into the deal at a nice discount.  Pictures attached:

Colt SAA:

Python:

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
- George Washington

Offline Z

• Grand Master
Re: Picked up 2 more Colts today
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 07:38:00 PM »
You have got to love the SAA! :)

Offline thor447

• Master
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 07:39:35 PM »
You have got to love the SAA! :)

Absolutely!! 
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
- George Washington

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 07:42:14 PM »
Congratulations on the buy and good luck with the guns.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 07:42:56 PM »
thor.  Nice!    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Robar233

• Master
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 07:48:20 PM »
Thor,

Very sweet deal indeed! A six inch blue Python is on my wish list. I thought they were going for that price alone?

Robar233

Offline thor447

• Master
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2012, 07:56:58 PM »
Thor,

Very sweet deal indeed! A six inch blue Python is on my wish list. I thought they were going for that price alone?

Robar233

I have the blue Pythons in 4 and 8 inch.  Now I am on the lookout for a 6" as well.  My step-father has one but I'm sure that he won't let it go!! (I wouldn't).   And yes, lately in the past year or so, it seems that they have been going for 1200-1600 each.  Pretty steep increase lately.  I found the SAA and subsequently the Python on http://www.armslist.com and was able to negotiate a good deal.  I don't think the man I bought them from really knew what he had in the Python.  He was asking $1000 for the SAA (which is a very very good deal in the first place) and I really wasn't even going to try and negotiate with him on that.  I was happy paying that for the gun.  After I saw that he had the Python, he told me that his former father-in-law had given it to him and that he really just wasn't into the collectable or older firearms and was going to use the money from the sale to buy something more modern.  I just threw 1600 out there for both, expecting to be turned down.  When he said yes, my heart nearly exploded and I couldn't get my money clip out fast enough.  I kept my composure until I was back in the car and on the road!!
- George Washington

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2012, 10:13:01 PM »
Great grab....buy a couple of lottery tickets cause you're on a roll!
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2012, 11:17:33 PM »
Great deal, love the Pythons ;D
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline lws380

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2012, 06:07:18 PM »
Those look nice.  Love revolvers.  Easy to keep/find your your brass for reloading!