Author Topic: Got the itch - Itch scratched and pic added  (Read 10956 times)

Offline thor447

• Master
Got the itch - Itch scratched and pic added
« on: February 23, 2012, 07:56:08 PM »
Ever get that hole in your pocket when you have a few extra dollars and just want to go to the gun store and see if anything catches your eye?  I got it bad right now.  I think it's because I'm waiting on my new Seecamp to get delivered to my FFL that I purchased from Tom at Irish Guard.  I'm headed to the store to see if anything catches my attention.  I don't know if it will be a good or a bad thing if I find something.   However it may turn out, I'll let you guys know.  haha  - Adam

Wasn't even thinking and added pic to a new post, first post on page 2.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 10:39:45 PM by thor447 »
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
- George Washington

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: Got the itch
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 09:01:17 PM »
Adam:

Since you are waiting on a Seecamp and have the "itch," the only antipruritic I have at hand would be a photograph of my wife's LWS32 in its Hedley holster, old ivory grips, and custom storage box (for whatever symptomatic relief all of that might provide):

8)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 09:16:45 PM »
Very nice Richard. ;)
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline thor447

• Master
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 09:28:02 PM »
Richard that is awesome.     

The itch has been scratched.  Camera on the phone is horrible.   To keep the suspense, pics and info will come when I get home. 
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 10:36:50 PM by thor447 »
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
- George Washington

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 09:28:30 PM »
Very nice, indeed, RS.

Adam.  You're going to love the Seecamp. 

« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 07:23:45 AM by kjtrains »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 09:43:19 PM »
Ever get that hole in your pocket when you have a few extra dollars and just want to go to the gun store and see if anything catches your eye?  I got it bad right now.  I think it's because I'm waiting on my new Seecamp to get delivered to my FFL that I purchased from Tom at Irish Guard.  I'm headed to the store to see if anything catches my attention.  I don't know if it will be a good or a bad thing if I find something.   However it may turn out, I'll let you guys know.  haha  - Adam

Yes I know the feeling.................had to go out a buy a S&W M&P 22LR 12 round mag today......I'll HAVE to shoot a brick through it tomorrow... ;)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 09:54:41 PM by Jack_F »
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified instructor: Pistol,Rifle,Shotgun ,Muzzleloading-Pistol-Rifle-Shotgun,Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside The home,Home Firearm Safety

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 09:50:52 PM »
Jack,

Why buy the M&P over the SR22 other than two more rounds in the S&W?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 09:54:17 PM by tracker »

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2012, 09:58:58 PM »
Jack,

Why buy the M&P over the SR22 other than two more rounds in the S&W?

The SR22 felt a lot smaller in my hand...........and I felt bad having to say that I didn't own a M&P.......... ::)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 10:00:56 PM by Jack_F »
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified instructor: Pistol,Rifle,Shotgun ,Muzzleloading-Pistol-Rifle-Shotgun,Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside The home,Home Firearm Safety

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2012, 10:04:26 PM »

The SR22 felt a lot smaller in my hand...........and I felt bad having to say that I didn't own an M&P.......... ::)

Now, I do know that feeling.  The M & P does feel good.  I haven't tried the SR22; now waiting on the Colt 1911 .22  to see how that stacks up!    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2012, 10:08:11 PM »

The SR22 felt a lot smaller in my hand...........and I felt bad having to say that I didn't own an M&P.......... ::)

Now, I do know that feeling.  The M & P does feel good.  I haven't tried the SR22; now waiting on the Colt 1911 .22  to see how that stacks up!    :)

I have a GSG 1911 22LR....it's a lot of fun to shoot...the Browning 1911A1 22LR is a blast.......pun intended.......... :D
NRA Life Member

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2012, 10:13:00 PM »

I have a GSG 1911 22LR....it's a lot of fun to shoot...the Browning 1911A1 22LR is a blast.......pun intended.......... :D

Sounds like you might like the Browning 1911A1 the best.

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2012, 10:17:51 PM »

Sounds like you might like the Browning 1911A1 the best.

I won't know until I shoot the M&P.....at 85% full size the Browning is a little small for me......after a few hundred rounds I have a red mark on the webbing of my hand.....nothing serious.......the sights are very small on the Browning...not a Bullseye pistol.......... :)
NRA Life Member

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2012, 10:22:41 PM »
I know a couple of guys who have the SR22 and they are very ammo sensitive, I will be going with the M&P as I like my M&P 40c a lot, it just seems to point very natural and feels really good in my hand. ;D
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2012, 10:27:37 PM »
I know a couple of guys who have the SR22 and they are very ammo sensitive, I will be going with the M&P as I like my M&P 40c a lot, it just seems to point very natural and feels really good in my hand. ;D

The M&P 22LR is available with 10 or 12 round mags........... :-\  10 for Cal.
NRA Life Member

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2012, 10:35:18 PM »

Some You Tube videos say they shoot everything.......... :-\
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 10:37:36 PM by Jack_F »
NRA Life Member