Author Topic: New Grips for a "Safe Queen"  (Read 6725 times)

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
Re: New Grips for a "Safe Queen"
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2012, 02:57:31 AM »
Good looking piece Richard.  Nothing like Ivories!  and a MacDougal.

You know about my 1911 Officer's model MacDougal that is my EDC, but I also have a 380 Mac as well.

My brother and I both bought a matching set and split it up between us. They are stainless "loaded" with melt down packages and even night sights.  One is a Mustang and one a Gubmit Model.  To be honest I do not remember who has which.  Obviously safe queens!  But when you Do hold them, you Don't want to put them down.

Seeing your beauty makes me want to dig mine out.
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2012, 08:41:38 AM »
Good looking piece Richard.  Nothing like Ivories!  and a MacDougal.

You know about my 1911 Officer's model MacDougal that is my EDC, but I also have a 380 Mac as well.

My brother and I both bought a matching set and split it up between us. They are stainless "loaded" with melt down packages and even night sights.  One is a Mustang and one a Gubmit Model.  To be honest I do not remember who has which.  Obviously safe queens!  But when you Do hold them, you Don't want to put them down.

Seeing your beauty makes me want to dig mine out.

Thank you, Reinz.  You and your brother were prescient in stocking up on SM&As while you could. No one expected Doug to become so ill so suddenly and at such a young age. I regret that I didn't opt to have that Mustang of mine "melted" by SM&A when I had the chance. My flawed thinking at the time was that the Mustang, in addition to being SAO and having no grip safety, was just that little bit too large to carry in a pocket and therefore didn't need a "melt job." Later on, I changed my way of thinking on "melting" and even had it done to a Government Model. 

(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline chameleon

• Grand Master
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2012, 01:23:41 PM »
Very, very nice indeed.
Well done.

Offline Heber_Guy

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2012, 03:45:28 PM »
Wow, every once and a while a jaded old man just says WOW!
Does anyone do this for the R9?

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2012, 03:52:04 PM »
Not that I know; however, it would be nice if they did.    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln