Author Topic: Got the itch - Itch scratched and pic added  (Read 11017 times)

Offline thor447

• Master
Re: Got the itch
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2012, 10:35:43 PM »
OK, got my new toy(s) home and uploaded a pic.  I picked up the SW Bodyguard 1st Edition Box Set #566 of 2000 that someone had put up on consignment for 850.  It also came with the original shipping boxes for the case and each individual pistol with all the correct paperwork and First Edition sleeves.  Pretty cool little set at a good price.

I even picked up a box of ammo for the Seecamp which USPS cannot seem to deliver fast enough!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 10:38:21 PM by thor447 »
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
- George Washington

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2012, 10:39:52 PM »
Looks gooooooooood................... 8)
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified instructor: Pistol,Rifle,Shotgun ,Muzzleloading-Pistol-Rifle-Shotgun,Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside The home,Home Firearm Safety

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2012, 10:43:19 PM »
Well as we all know there all different,
Look at the pups, my pup has shot everything I put in and thats around ten brands & every bullet weight from 147gr to 95gr. ;D
Not everyone can claim that with there pup.

I watched one of these fussy SR22s in person and it was one of the worst I have seen.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 10:44:50 PM by yankee2500 »
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2012, 11:05:54 PM »
Well as we all know there all different,
Look at the pups, my pup has shot everything I put in and thats around ten brands & every bullet weight from 147gr to 95gr. ;D
Not everyone can claim that with there pup.

I watched one of these fussy SR22s in person and it was one of the worst I have seen.

Thanks for the info....I was thinking about adding one to my 22 collection but will defer.... ;)
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified instructor: Pistol,Rifle,Shotgun ,Muzzleloading-Pistol-Rifle-Shotgun,Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside The home,Home Firearm Safety

Offline Giraffes

• Expert
Re: Got the itch - Itch scratched and pic added
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2012, 10:31:19 AM »
Ever get that hole in your pocket when you have a few extra dollars and just want to go to the gun store and see if anything catches your eye?  I got it bad right now.  I think it's because I'm waiting on my new Seecamp to get delivered to my FFL that I purchased from Tom at Irish Guard.  I'm headed to the store to see if anything catches my attention.  I don't know if it will be a good or a bad thing if I find something.   However it may turn out, I'll let you guys know.  haha  - Adam

Wasn't even thinking and added pic to a new post, first post on page 2.

I know that feeling all too well! Just picked up a new SIG a few weeks ago and couldn't leave it alone. Had to have these Esmerelda grips...

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2012, 10:38:13 AM »
I was in a Gun Store yesterday where they also had a range.  They added a SR22 to their "rental fleet" hoping to boost sales.  Everyone has given it bad reviews so far.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2012, 10:48:28 AM »

What are some of the problems?

Offline Heber_Guy

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2012, 11:40:12 AM »
I also have an M&P 22. It is loads of fun to shoot, eats everything you feed it and is also very close in size to my other M&P's. S&W along with Walther did a good job on this pistol. This afternoon I am going to get an M&P15-22 MOE to go along with it.
Should be a fun weekend.

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2012, 11:54:01 AM »
tracker

I did not ask.  I am not interested at all and I just heard another guy asking about it.  The store guy said they were very disappointed and could not believe Ruger put it out.  Just not typical of their work.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2012, 12:04:28 PM »
Ok, thanks.

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2012, 12:24:56 PM »
I also have an M&P 22. It is loads of fun to shoot, eats everything you feed it and is also very close in size to my other M&P's. S&W along with Walther did a good job on this pistol. This afternoon I am going to get an M&P15-22 MOE to go along with it.
Should be a fun weekend.

I have one with a Trijicon 1.25-4x24 scope mounted with a Larue Tactical SPR-E mount...........it's the most fun you can have with your clothes on............. ;D..........buy extra mags.... ;)
NRA Life Member

Offline thor447

• Master
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2012, 09:07:41 PM »
Wow, with all this I'm thinking about going back and getting an M&P 22.  However, I really cannot find anything wrong to speak about on my Buckmark 22.  Perhaps only the cost and availability of extra mags.  But that sure is a great pistol as well.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
- George Washington

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2012, 09:36:05 PM »
]

it's the most fun you can have with your clothes on............. ;D..........buy extra mags.... ;)

I often shoot in the nude just to simulate a bedtime invasion. ;D ;D
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2012, 10:08:08 PM »
Wow, with all this I'm thinking about going back and getting an M&P 22.  However, I really cannot find anything wrong to speak about on my Buckmark 22.  Perhaps only the cost and availability of extra mags.  But that sure is a great pistol as well.

It is one of the best for the money....IMO
NRA Life Member

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2012, 10:09:24 PM »
]

it's the most fun you can have with your clothes on............. ;D..........buy extra mags.... ;)

I often shoot in the nude just to simulate a bedtime invasion. ;D ;D

Man......that hot brass could be a problem............ :D
NRA Life Member