Author Topic: Picked up 2 used pistols today.  (Read 3264 times)

Offline thor447

• Master
Picked up 2 used pistols today.
« on: June 28, 2012, 01:41:15 AM »
I went to meet a guy about his Detonics Scoremaster Series II today, and ended up leaving with it and an HK USP40.  I know that some people have reservations about Detonics (old vs. "New" Detonics) and wont even go near one.  I am of the opinion, that if the gun fits my eye, is well put together, and shoots well than I dont really have a problem with it.  The Detonics in a ultra low s/n from New Detonics, and come with a letter saying is was made in their new factory, with 'OLD' Detonics parts transferred from their original factory.  Some would call this a bonus, but I've held and shot actual "NEW" Detonics without any issues what so ever and hold no ill feelings towards them in any way. 

However, enough with the rambling, here is a pic of each.  Sorry for the photo quality, I'm in the market for a better camera and learning about lighting.  Funny thing is that I found the best lighting in my home to come from the bathroom counter, which ended up giving me a very good image of the Detonics pistol.   

Grips were added this evening.  I had this pair laying around off of a 1911 I used to own.

-Adam
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
- George Washington

Offline Z

• Grand Master
Re: Picked up 2 used pistols today.
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 07:54:33 AM »
Very nice trade.
I like the 1911! :)

Offline thor447

• Master
Re: Picked up 2 used pistols today.
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 05:59:46 AM »
I had a chance to shoot these today.  The HK was as one would expect, flawless.  The Detonics I had I aspirations for and it did not let me down.  Smooth action, butter trigger, even the adjustable sights were dead on.  I'm thoroughly pleased with it.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
- George Washington