Author Topic: The waiting game begins  (Read 3864 times)

Offline thor447

• Master
The waiting game begins
« on: August 28, 2012, 07:05:20 PM »
I have secured a NIB Boberg XR9-S Platinum, after a couple of lengthy conversations with a very nice man in Connecticut, and hopefully establishing a trust that this man isn't just going to run off with my hard earned dollar, I've sent him payment and FFL information.  Now the nervous wait begins!!  I've never spent this much money on a firearm that I didn't receive right then and it's very nerve racking. 

I didn't feel this anxiety with Tom at Irish Guard because he is a pro, and has a reputation.  This is my first private online purchase and it's killing me!!

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
- George Washington

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
Re: The waiting game begins
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 07:10:02 PM »
Thor,

I had the same feelings when I made my first online transaction. Since then I have made several what I consider high dollar transactions with what are essentially complete strangers with 100% satisfaction. Takes a while getting used to doing that but it is the only way to get some of these rare/hard to find guns. Everything will work out. USPS Money Orders seem to be the recommended payment method.

-Ryan
Currently looking for Elite Premium RP 1 of 16. Please PM 
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline Robar233

• Master
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 07:31:02 PM »
Thor,

By any chance was it K5 Firearms in Milford, CT? They carry high end firearms. I bought my Robar edition from them, I guess it was two years ago now but it could have been three.

Robar233

Offline Trailblazer

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 08:26:55 PM »
Thor,
Let me know if he doesn't follow through with the deal.  I'm sure he will.  I've made many on line purchases.  But if not I'll track him down for you.
Rich
Trailblazer Investigations Inc

Offline thor447

• Master
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 03:06:59 AM »
Thanks everyone.  I am sure it will turn out good, just only had 1 other purchase that wasn't face to face and that was with Tom at Irish Guard, and obviously his reputation exceeds him.   

Robar, this is not K5, but a private individual in CT. 

Trailblazer, thank you very much for the offer and god forbid it came to that I'll be getting in touch with you.  This gentleman seemed very nice and I questioned him about policies and procedures for selling a firearm privately out of CT (which I had researched).  There is some documentation involved and transfers that they must file.  He was very knowledgeable and put my mind at ease because he knew the procedures inside and out and it was obviously not his first rodeo.   I did a little private detective work on him before I paid for the handgun.  I obviously had his name and phone number, so I found out that he is a real estate broker, have his home address, and a lot of info on him.  Call me paranoid but I like to know who I'm dealing with!
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
- George Washington

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2012, 10:53:50 AM »
I have made a dozen or so on line gun purchases and have had great success to date. I'm sure it will fine.
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Trailblazer

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2012, 08:42:58 PM »
Good work Thor!  We call that due diligence.  I do the same.

Offline thor447

• Master
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2012, 11:08:04 PM »
Well all should be good, and yet there is a slight bit of irony.  I have the UPS tracking info, and the Boberg will arrive at my FFL tomorrow.  The ironic part is that I will be in Tulsa, OK all day tomorrow teaching a class and will not be able to make it back to central OK before my FFL closes up shop.  No big deal, right??  Just get it on Friday.  Friday morning I'm scheduled to be in far western OK by 9am, my FFL opens their doors at 10am and close at 6pm.  I probably wont be out of western OK before 5, and will not be able to get there Friday either before they close.  It looks like it will be Saturday before I can pick up my Boberg.  Murphy's Law is in motion!

-Adam
- George Washington

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2012, 01:34:46 AM »
Man it looks like you life course parallels mine some.  :P

Hang in there brother.  :)
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline thor447

• Master
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2012, 07:43:22 PM »
Excellent news!!!  I got though the course material quicker than I had hoped, 2.5 hour drive back to OKC, and have the Boberg in hand!!  I will post pics a little later, but I am going to head to the range and get a few rounds through her while I have the time to.  Picks and range report to follow this evening.

-Adam
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 10:23:44 PM by thor447 »
- George Washington