Author Topic: Bargain Found At The Gun Auction  (Read 2698 times)

Offline thor447

• Master
Bargain Found At The Gun Auction
« on: February 09, 2013, 04:10:56 PM »
Well, as we all know the firearms market has been in a frenzy as of late, with prices getting ridiculous.   I went to Goldsby, OK today to Branch Auctions.  There were a few hundred firearms that were mostly gov. seized weapons, and some NIB firearms that were being put up for auction.  To my surprise, for the most part prices were very reasonable, and in the case of my NIB Sig P238, an absolute steal.   Ammo prices were still pretty high with a few exceptions on lower quality brands.

Today, I won auctions on a Saiga 7.62x39, Remington 870 Marine Magnum, and a Sig P238.   

The auctioneer tried to start the bidding on the Sig at 500, no one bid, went to 400, no bids, went to 300, no bids,  someone bid 200, figuring I'd be outbid, I threw out 250, and no one bid again!!  Couldn't believe it.   There was another P238 a few guns later that went for 650.  Exactly like mine, new in the box.  I think people were asleep during the first one and it woke some people up when the auctioneer stated how good of a price the first one went for.   

Now for the good part, total bill out the door was $912.81.   

Off work, picked up 3 new firearms, today was a good day!

-Adam

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
- George Washington

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
Re: Bargain Found At The Gun Auction
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 01:16:37 AM »
Congrats! :)
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 01:01:57 PM »
Good fortune occurs when a prepared man encounters opportunity. Congratulations!
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline thor447

• Master
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 10:01:22 PM »
I appreciate it guys.  This was the first firearms auction I have attended.   I had an absolute blast and will be attending more in the future, funds willing!
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
- George Washington

Offline Chief-USN

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 07:57:53 AM »
Great Deal!  The Laser that is on the gun is Over $200 by itself. I just bought one for my Wife's P-238

Chief
Allen
Retired Navy (1969-1992)
Viet Nam Vet
Desert Storm Vet
Lifetime NRA Member

Veteran " Freedom isn't free, I Paid for it"