Author Topic: The great gun fighters  (Read 8553 times)

Offline the_skunk

• Expert
Re: The great gun fighters
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2014, 10:14:50 PM »
"Dag nab it"

'Don't get me riled up

Agree with Tracker but there was also a lot of back shooting done in that era also,  my great grandfather, a sheriff in New Mexico was one of those victims.

Most of history is written by Hollywood. I am stating common sense. A 12 yr old black ghetto punk, with a $50 twenty two, is more dangerous than most with their $4000 custom 1911s. And as far as 'knowing their guns', forget the FBI, or Massad Aboo, no my friends, look at Johnny Dillinger, or Bonnie and Clyde.

The Ghetto Rat just walks up and 'Pops you'.  I ain't a saying that gun fighters didn't exist, but I is a saying that it weren't like in the movies.

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
Re: The great gun fighters
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2014, 09:20:11 AM »
My mother, raised also in New Mexico (her grandad was the murdered sheriff) was in downtown on a shopping trip with her mother when she was just a girl.  Two cowboys burst out of a nearby saloon and unlimbered revolvers at each other from about 20 feet...Mom took cover on the running board of a Model T Ford.  The two guys emptied their weapons with no hits, looked at each other, laughed, went back to the saloon to drink some more.  Another western gunfight for the records!
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis