Author Topic: Colt Pocketnine  (Read 10900 times)

Offline geminidan

• Expert
Re: Colt Pocketnine
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2005, 09:25:29 PM »
I took my pony pocketlite to the range fore the first time, I fed it silvertips, hydrashock, magsafe and ball ammo and it did not even belch, groups at 15feet were touching,,,,,,,,,I think this is a fantastic gun, and with 380 "magsafe" 60 grain bullet 1500 ft ps 300 lbs,it is a potent weapon comparible to my R9.......I am going to have a meltdown package, and all new Wolf springs have been added,,,,,,,,I have seen the results of a pistolsmith in Florida.....(Showgun) who does outrageous  work . Now do I sell the "R9"/?????geminidan
GeminiDan

Offline Fud

• Master
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2005, 10:37:55 PM »
No, don't sell the R9. Remember the R9 is a 9mm. Even with a few P9's, I still won't part with my R9.

Offline geminidan

• Expert
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2005, 10:45:35 PM »
But the 380 is the same size and the "magsafe" makes it an equal.Geminidan,,  ps.I have a p9 also with s/d rod, wolf springs, tuned by the factory, wnite sights, which is probably going to be sold.
GeminiDan

Offline Fud

• Master
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2005, 09:14:56 AM »
Two points:

1.) I'm not really sure that magsafes are as effective as they claim to be. Unless there are some reports out there that I am unaware of (and that is VERY possible), Dr. Fackler doesn't think too highly of them and his findings when it comes to 'stopping power' are based on medical knowledge.

But even if they are as effective as they claim to be, and they bring the effectiveness of a .380 into the same class as a 9mm; then it stands to reason that magsafe 9mm's will push the effectvieness of the R9 into an upper class as well.

2.) Depending on when you are going to sell the P9 in realtion to my cash reserve (I'm semi-retired and do part-time consulting on the side so my flow of income isn't always steady -- if I just made a gun purchase, I'll be tapped out for a few months but if I'm getting ready to make a gun purchase, I'll have money on hand), and how much you want for it, I might be interested in taking it off your hands. Please keep me in mind. As I said, I just picked up a third P9 and depending on the quality of the gun, I wouldn't hesitate in getting a fourth one down the road.

Offline geminidan

• Expert
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2005, 10:57:06 AM »
I have been carrying "magsafe" since I moved to Florida in 1991,I carried my 32 seecamp with magsafe, I am a former NYPD and I do believe in magsafe, and can attest to it..............My P9 is almost new.........with second skin wrapped around grips.......this is a suede like skin that is cut to form around the grips, the wetter your hands the better they stick,,,,,,,,,I have at least 200 rounds thru it..........As far as the R9 seems to be more around, because it seems there have been a few used ones for sale and no interest on this site........after the pony comes back from it's "meltdown" I will make a decision???Geminidan
GeminiDan

Offline Fud

• Master
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2005, 10:31:05 PM »
All I'm saying is that if the .380 magsafes are as effective as you say, then the 9mm magsafes will be even more effective.

Anyway -- neither here nor there but if you decide to sell the P9, please give me first crack at it.

Offline geminidan

• Expert
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2005, 11:46:12 PM »
I will let you know !!! any idea of what $$$.
GeminiDan

Offline WatchTimes

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2005, 05:21:16 PM »
Put me 2 nd in line!
I love my R9 and want to get a R9S where the slide was actually marked R9S (yeah there are some out there I hear) but I would LOVE to have a P9 as well.
I will no longer carry a .380, it just does not have the power needed for someplace like Michigan where we get thick leather winter coats.  
For pistols all I will own from now on is  9 mm (primary choice) .45 and .357.  I am also looking for a Glock 26

I will let you know !!! any idea of what $$$.

"You won't rise to the occasion - you'll default to your level of training."
Barrett Tillman

Offline geminidan

• Expert
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2005, 10:08:20 PM »
no problem , I will list it when I decide to sell it...........Geminidan
GeminiDan